*** The official 2023 Mac mini thread (it has the M2 chip and everything!) ***

Soldato
Mines arrived but I have to really wait until Friday to set it up and use it as I’m away from home until then :o

Edit: I quickly set it up for an hour or so. This thing is ridiculously fast! Safari scrolling is a bit rough though and the back/forwards buttons on my mouse don't do anything annoyingly.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm curious, what do you do which makes using Windows better? I'm a Mac user, and I find everything much more difficult on Windows.

Office suite runs better, especially outlook. Can't even open an .msg on MacOS even if you have Outlook installed. Some clients share emails attached to our ticketing tool.

I also find macos a bit slower in terms of managing windows, alt tabbing, mouse pointer accuracy and zipping about the OS. It's a little hard to put my finger on 1 thing exactly but if I used a car analogy, macos would be a comfortable cruiser and windows a sports car.

Soldato
What's the verdict on the Mac Mini now these have been around a while? I have a horribly noisy NUC and want a quiet desktop system but don't want to spend the earth.

I've heard the base SSD isn't good, is it that bad really?

Soldato
You’ve got a separate pc / laptop / console for your day to day?

Might get a mini as a work from home tool as a lot of my work applications have gone online now.

Yep, I have an Macbook Air too. I only have them to play around with MacOS, my main driver is still my gaming PC.

Back
Top Bottom