*** The Official AirPods {all gens} (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) thread ***

Reviews are out on the AirPod 4's, look decent:

I'm still not convinced it's not worth the step up in price to get a proper seal in your ear with the Pros.

Mine have arrived and I've only had a chance to briefly try them, the fit feels decent and after I put them in, I noticed the radio I have playing in the office seemed to get a little quieter. It took a moment for me to realise that was due to the ANC ;)

I won't get a chance to try them properly until later so I've just dropped the case on my Apple Watch charger.

Decided to take a punt on the ANC ones and just ordered :)

I love the ANC in my Bose 700s, but I wear air pods more for longer periods of times, probably for half the day most days. Would be great to have some ANC on them too.

The AirPod 4 ANCs are remarkable on all fronts! Tested at the gym, commuting on the tube and in the office.

I did laugh when I was walking by a busy road and got slightly startled when I coughed to clear my throat and it triggered the "conversation awareness" that briefly turns off ANC.

Got mine today and I'm not sure.

Only used at home so far. The new shape is a tad odd for me, but I feel like the ANC / Transparency was a bit funky. Made me feel a bit odd tbh, like I was underwater.

Need to do more testing on public transport and in the gym.

Also need to ensure I've got settings correct when switching from my phone to my windows PC. I use my old airpods loads when at home on my desktop Windows 10 PC and they're great, but I'm not sure how to manage certain settings yet when used as a pure set of bluetooth headphones besides turning ANC off an on by holding the stick. Not sure how to control transparency is on or off.

Will keep pushing forward though as I'm also interested to get feedback from people I'm talking too when in noisy situations in Central London as to if I sound better or not and can have more productive conversations.

weird..tried using my AirPods 3rd gen today on my new MBA and when clicking the menu bar etc...it would crackle and stop playing for a second or two..

so went back to curry's, they are sent away for repair. I bought a set of AirPods 4 NC and man am I glad I did..they sound so good for the price point.

My AirPods 4 (with ANC) are going back. The fit in my left ear isn't quite as good as I'd like, after a few minutes of wearing them, it works loose. We're off on a boat next week where the ANC would be useful but I'm just not happy enough with the fit to keep them and the returns period won't cover while we're away for me to try them on the boat.

It's a shame, the AirPods 3 fit perfectly.

That's so weird, I kind of agree about the overall fit, and also that it's worse in my left ear. Still need to try them out on commutes. Will give them a couple more weeks before I decide.

loving the new NC AirPods. one question..

I charge the AirPods using the pad on my charge station, but I found today when removing them from overnight, the case and headphones were very slightly warm?

is that normal, I mean they all charged to 100% and work grea, but wondering regarding the heat?

Back
Top Bottom