Poll: *** The official AirTag thread (it comes in packs of four and everything!) ***

Are you going to buy AirTags?

• Yes, I'll get one

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Yes, I'll get a pack of four

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 36.3%

• Total voters
If you lose something in the wild, any passing iPhone will automatically register the AirTag location and upload it so you can see where it was last seen. It's not like the Tile things where people actively have to have the Tile app installed. Every iPhone is always listening for these unless the owner opts out.

You can look on your iPhone using the Find My app and it'll show you the last known location of the AirTag.

So you can see they immediately had a huge user base around the world to help find lost items compared to other such trackers like Tile.

My wife has been away since Tuesday last week, she left her keys at home. Her keys have an AirTag attached. On Thursday, I noticed a noise occasionally but I couldn't work out where it was coming from. She came home Thursday evening and went back away later at night and again, after a couple of days I noticed a noise again from time to time.

It was the AirTag sending out the "Hey, you're being stalked" alert!

When I hold her AirTag near my phone, I get this. Note I've blanked out the serial number and the phone number is only shown as a partial but I've blanked it as well.

TizYYXL.png

I assume if she were to flag it as lost in Find My, it'd show me her contact number. She'll be back in the next couple of days so it'll stop bleeping at me. The link for instructions to disable go to the page showing how to take the battery out.

We actually needed to use one of these today for the first time. My wife couldn’t find her car keys, she went out to see if she’d left them in the car and came back in a panic.

Opened her Find app and went to items, tapped on the keys to find them and it took us straight to them. She’d used a different bag yesterday and it was hanging on the handle in the back room with the keys in it.

Has anyone here use their air tag and put in their suitcase when flying to track it if needed.

I don't think it work as would need a nearby Apple device to get it to show on find my app is that correct?

If so what alternative is there
Actually they work really well in luggage. It's not what they're marketed as but they're useful for luggage.

So it need someone with. Apple device near it to get it on the find my network so I can see where it is on the map?
Yes. But imagine how many Apple devices there are out there and by default, they all participate in the Find My network. Tiles (for example) rely on phones with the Tile app installed to detect them.

Will that be needed just the review looks good. For the amount time I use them in luggage
You'll never be able to track closer than 30ft with these. So if you were to put one on your keys and then misplaced your keys, it would be utterly useless for finding them, whereas AirTags will take you literally right to them.

That one doesn't have UWB for fine tracking either. None of these ones which are half the price of AirTags do, that's why they're half the price.

Quite confuse as they said can track to the device
I don't know how many more times I can say the same thing. They don't have fine tracking. Technically, you can track to the item but you won't get any closer than 30ft because they don't have UWB and therefore they don't have fine tracking.

If you're happy with that, buy the cheap ones. If you want more accurate tracking then you need actual AirTags.

If you want to get the cheaper one, then get the cheaper one.
This, just be aware of the limitations.

Do you always make things so difficult?
He always has, take a deep breath :)

No I don't just wondering does it matter wheee it goes in case if in between stuff does it make signal weaker
At these frequencies, a few clothes won’t really make any noticeable difference. As long as you remember which sock you’ve put it in, you’ll be fine.

Without knowing who the person really is and what medical and disability the person got it uncalled for to be called upon. Also a mod taking the Micky.
Exactly. I have no idea about anyone and am simply answering a question.

The question was “do you always make things difficult?” and I stand by my answer. Yes, every time you ask a question, you are told the answer multiple times, it has to be explained over and over again before you get it.

Nobody is taking the mick, nobody knows anything about your medical conditions and/or what disability you have so it’s not possible we’re taking the mick. We’re simply reacting to your post history, nothing more.

The last few posts demonstrate it perfectly. You had to be told repeatedly that the cheap trackers you were looking at weren’t the same but you just kept asking why, even though it had been explained.

Back on topic, my £84 pack of four AirTags is due to be delivered today.

Oh FFS banned me from this **** bye
You're a long term member who's done nothing against the rules, there is no reason to ban you.

/edit - Not one person here is having a go at you because of any disability or medical condition. We're not aware of them, it's totally impossible for anyone to be discriminating against you or laughing at you because of that.

Last edited:
Post 212 2 people laugh at my comment when I came open
I would imagine (but I obviously can't be 100% sure) that they're laughing at your comment regarding emailing the CEO. I notice that one of the people who used the laugh reaction is the member you PMd '@Diddums'. I think I can assume he laughed because you thought he was the CEO.

If you look back at your history, not just in this thread but in other threads, everything has to be spelled out to you multiple times. On the previous page, you repeatedly asked the same question and were given the same answers and I (and others) did this very patiently. At no point were you abused or ridiculed.

Then someone asked if you always make things difficult, to which I said yes.

The simple fact that I'm having to repeat this yet again now is yet more evidence that what I said is correct. However, now we know you have some kind of condition (and I have no interest what that condition is), it means it can be taken into consideration in future. But I find it quite offensive that you suggest you've been treated badly due to a disability and then you double down on the same thing. I've always been more than patient with you.

I don't know if your efforts to contact Steve have been successful or not but I have already pointed him towards this thread.

If you'd like to discuss my behaviour with the rest of the forum moderation team, please feel free to start a thread in here and I'll deliberately keep out.

I'm disabled as well. I can say no one here has ever taken the **** because of it. They might laugh because I make daft posts and threads at times but that isn't because of the disability.
If you hadn't just said that, I would never have known. It will make zero difference in the way I reply to you :)

Pack of 4 tags arrived yesterday

Yup, mine arrived a few minutes ago.
M5Z3ush.jpeg

I've got that Belkin one, it's absolutely fine. I also have a generic silicon one and yesterday I bought these which appear similar to the Belkin ones but at a fraction of the cost. They're due today.

Back
Top Bottom