• HomePod mini - Yes

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • HomePod mini - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HomePod mini - Possibly, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like first

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Commissario
With the Apple HomePod expected to be available in December (probably early December), I thought it might be interesting to see who's considering one.

Details here.

EBdIHOf.png

OG1DJbw.png

I'm honestly not sure. My lad very often switches the telly on and has music playing gently via the Apple TV so it would be a decent alternative to that. One of these sitting on the mantlepiece would probably work reasonably well but at what cost? Although there's been no official announcement of the UK price, I believe it's expected to be around £350. That's a lot.

Are you going to buy one?

Commissario
OP
Two bullet points on the conclusion of that article are interesting to me.
  • The Apple HomePod generally sounds better than any other smart speaker—but only somewhat, and only in direct A/B/C/D tests. If you listened to the HomePod, Sonos, and Google Home an hour apart, you’d never be able to declare one a clear winner. (Everyone agrees that the Amazon Echo Plus is the loser in this roundup, but then again, it’s $150 and the size of a Pringle’s can; it’s not a fair fight.)
  • Everybody’s different.

I don't have one, I'm still undecided.

Commissario
OP
That’s happened before, the last time they were down to £199, quite a few places had them at that price.

/edit - I’m not saying you’re wrong, just not to read too much into the price drop as it’s happened before.

Commissario
OP
The difference that I see is that they've gone to £199 and stayed there for a good while now. They've have regularly gone down to £199 and then back up ever since they were released.
I'm not seeing that. On the 4th they were still £279 at all the shops I checked and then @HEADRAT posted on the 10th to say they were at £199 again so they went down sometime between the 4th and the 10th. Even if they went down the day after I checked then that's only been nine days.

Back
Top Bottom