Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Yes - 42mm non cellular

Votes: 49 28.0%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 71 40.6%

• Total voters
Commissario
OP
I love the watch pictured on the left. Which strap is it? Can't see it on their site.
It's the new "Sport Loop"

Any watch owners also have luxury watches as well?

What do you wear and when?

I currently have a small fitbit that I use on my right wrist and Bremont on my left, not really prepared to do that with the watch though.

It would mean wearing my Bremont less in the week, which means less marks and chance of damage, but I enjoy wearing a nice watch.
I have a number of expensive mechanical watches. I've not worn one of them since I got my original Apple Watch. They're all back in their boxes now.

Commissario
OP
If EE want £25/month to share an existing data connection, they can go swivel. The announcement yesterday made a point of saying that it's going to be the same number so surely that sort of charge can't be just to add a watch to an existing connection.

Commissario
OP
I've got someone to buy my S2 so I will be ordering the S3 tomorrow. I'm still sort of pondering whether to get cellular, I've gone from yes to no and now wavering back towards yes again. The strap choice is easy, the olive sports loop.

Commissario
OP
Yes, I'm happy with the aluminium sports watch - I've had two so far and each have survived without a single mark or scratch on either the body or the glass, I can't justify £650 on an Apple Watch.

Commissario
OP
Now that’s interesting. Normally they don’t take payment until it ships but it’s gone from my bank already. I paid with Apple Pay through the app.

Mine delivers next Friday.

Commissario
OP
The money went out of my account within minutes of my transaction using Apple Pay on my iPhone. Status still says Preparing to Dispatch.

I've ordered many Apple products for delivery on launch day and they've always arrived on time.

Commissario
OP
It's been a year since I did it, what's the exact procedure for disconnecting the old watch from the phone and connecting the new one, preserving the exact same setup?

Commissario
OP
I'm liking the strap but then I've still been using the nylon strap I got with my original watch. The design on this is good, making me want a Bond Nato for it :)

I've not tried the cellular yet.

Commissario
OP
The contactless payment was very fast on the S3 compared to the S2 or S0, usually I have hold my watch at the reader for a moment or two for it to read it. But as soon as I got even close it read it instantly, no hesitation at all.
I hadn't even noticed the moment or two delay on the S2 when paying by Apple Pay but you're right, the S3 is quicker.

This impressed me earlier today - I went over the road for my breakfast and didn't take my phone. I knew the watch was going to connect to the sarnie shop WiFi but I didn't know that I'd get a signal strength indicator.

nTp01Cw.png

Commissario
OP
I can't decide whether I need this or not. I find it quite cool but unsure. What's apples return policy, can I refund if I am not convinced?
It's the same as everything else, you can return it within 14 days.

When I bought the original Apple Watch, I wore it for a week and then took it off for three days. I decided that if I didn't miss it, I'd return it. I didn't miss it so I took it back and got a refund.

When the next major release of the OS happened which allowed apps to be installed on the watch, I bought another one and did the same thing. This time, after two days without it, I decided that had missed it so I put it back on my wrist and kept it. That means I've owned two originals (Series 0), a Series 2 and now a Series 3.

Back
Top Bottom