1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: **** The official Apple Watch Series 5 thread ****

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by Feek, Sep 11, 2019.

?

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 5?

1. Yes - 40mm cellular

2.6%
  2. Yes - 44mm cellular

21.8%
  3. Yes - 40mm non cellular

6.4%
  4. Yes - 44mm non cellular

21.8%
  5. No, I won't be buying it

47.4%
  1. Feek

Commissario

I've edited your post as there's no such thing as an 'iWatch' ;)

I've had Apple Watches pretty much since launch day and the only damage I've ever had is a slight scratch on the glass where I knocked one of them against a very old granite wall. In my experience, they're very durable.

2. Nem

Wise Guy

I thought / hoped as much, thanks.

No idea where I got iWatch from, hang my head in shame...

Cheers.

3. FreeStream

Capodecina

Semi-Glad I picked up a S4 now, £70 off and 2 year warranty (John Lewis).

For comparison I'm currently at 32% after 5:42 usage, 1 day 10 hours standby FWIW. (Taken off power at 6:45 yesterday)

Is the always on screen *that* useful?

4. rip-the-jacker

Mobster

The always on screen is the main reason I upgraded..it was annoying when wanting to check the time and it wouldnt turn the screen on, on the first attempt, so that covers that annoyance..

5. Marvt74

Capodecina

As a counter to the above, i actually have always on turned off as it seems to hammer my battery life (S5 + Cellular). I don't find it's a big issue to raise my wrist.

Although i believe a recent update might've fixed that, i've not turned it back on to test.

I'd be more likely to use it, if i could have it on a timer so it's deactivated when i'm going to bed, otherwise it's quite distracting.

6. McBain

Capodecina

Never thought I'd be bothered about one of these but after buying a non cellular 40mm 5 yesterday I have to say im finding myself using it more than I thought I would, it's ended up being costly though as I didn't release my iPhone 6 wouldn't upgrade to iOS 13 :p

Obviously my bad but I was in desperate need of a new phone anyway so it gave me the kick up the backside I needed.

7. IronSpider

Associate

Do Three support Apple watch yet for a cellular version?

8. Scope

Hitman

Quick question for you guys.. Im thnking of getting the AW5 for my wife, but she is very sensitive to light at night, and its only an option if you are able to switch the display off completely.. I have read about its "theatre mode", but this requires you to go into menus, etc - can you for example schedule the AOD to switch off after 10pm? Or does the display switch off completely once it is off the wrist?

9. Feek

Commissario

When you take it off, the display goes blank. I use theatre mode each night, it's not complicated to get into: swipe up and the toggle for it is there.

10. Marvt74

Capodecina

Annoyingly you can't schedule it, although as Feek mentions it's very easy to enable Theatre Mode.