1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 7 thread (it now has a proper keyboard and everything!) ***

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by Feek, 14 Sep 2021 at 22:16.

?

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 7?

1. Yes - 41mm cellular

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes - 41mm non cellular

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Yes - 45mm cellular

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. Yes - 45mm non cellular

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  5. No, I won't be buying it

21 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Feek

Commissario

The new Apple Watch 7 is due to be released in the autumn.

Will you be buying one?

[​IMG]

2. Feek

Commissario

I'll probably go with the 45mm cellular stainless steel again. Up until the series 6, I've always had the aluminium one but I ended up swapping that for SS with the 6 and I like it.

3. Zeebedy

Mobster

I will either get the 45mm SS or the Aluminum. Most likely cellular.

4. Trig

Mobster

Yes, deffo getting one when they land, my Series 3 was only an intro to see how I got on with it, the improvements between the 3 and the 7 should make it more than an acceptable upgrade..

5. Throrik

Wise Guy

My S4 is getting on a bit, so I think I will pop into the stores when they're available and have a look at these in person to see which one I prefer.

6. ChrisD.

Caporegime

I have the 5 and the battery isn’t lasting as long as it used to so I’m tempted to upgrade.

7. Reuben klang

Hitman

I was thinking the same but with them continuing to sell the S3, I don’t think I’ll bother. I’ll stick with it for another year then upgrade when they make it obsolete.

8. Kainz

Capodecina

I just sold my S4 43/44mm Alu for £115 at CeX a few days ago. I saw nothing in last nights event that made me want the latest one tbh.

9. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

Always want more screen space so I’ll go for a 45mm SS, that full size keyboard fixes the only thing that really annoys me on the watch, replying to messages.

10. Jimbeam3678

Capodecina

Is there any indication when 'later in the fall' might be?

11. BMox81

Wise Guy

Currently with a 44mm S4 but think I’ll get the 41mm S7. Not bothered about cellular.

Having looked at the colours a bit more I might spend a bit more and go with the Space Grey Titanium version.

12. Beasty

Mobster

Still using a 3, was hoping for more of a design change but the 3 is becoming hard to use at times now so may upgrade. Going to try and hold off though.

13. Trig

Mobster

Hard to use in what way?
    Does it not work as it always has done?

14. Squink

Soldato

The non-cellular versions of the Series 3 won't update without a complete wipe and restore - and it's a really slow process. I read that Apple were going to fix that, but my Series 3 still won't accept the last update, despite my removing every single app that I'm able to delete and all the music.

15. Feek

Commissario

I think it's fixed with the new watchOS.

I was really surprised to see they're still selling the series 3 now - I expected that one to finally be pensioned off.

16. Squink

Soldato

It's a perfectly usable watch except for the update problems. It sounds like I'll have to go through another - perhaps final - wipe/restore to get to the latest watchOS then.

17. Trig

Mobster

Ahh yes, I had that a few months back, in which case yes, I agree its a PITA...

18. Converge

Mobster

I’m wondering this too. But if it was October for example they would still have said a general October date, so I’m expecting mid/late November, which sucks for me as I’ve already been waiting 4+ months in anticipation of my first Apple Watch (cellular) which I want to use for running.

19. Reuben klang

Hitman

Can someone correct me if I’m wrong.

I’ve got a cellular watch but when I try to play music that isn’t downloaded to the watch I can only play it from the play lists I’ve selected on the phone. I can’t just steam music or podcasts to the watch. Its annoying.

I also find when I’m out running I don’t really care, well outright just completely ignore any messages/emails anyway. So cellular is kind of pointless to me as any other time I’d have my phone.

20. Combat Fighter

Soldato

How long is the battery meant to last for on the 45mm now?