*** The official Apple Watch Series 9, 10 (and Ultra 2) thread (it has double tap and everything!) ***

I’ve never had Pedometer over-report steps, but sometimes it takes a little while to catch up with the rings figure. Usually I just tap the complication to go to the proper screen and it updates.

Maybe StepsApp refreshes more frequently.

Can’t say I’ve ever found it to be an issue.

Since I updated to WOS10, the complication is taking an absolute age to update.

When I touch through to the app, sure enough it updates, but there’s a definite lag between the complication and real-world steps.

I never had that with WOS9. Before it might have been a few steps out, a hundred at the most. Now it can be 1,000+ steps difference when I click through.

I've got a series 3 at the moment.
I thought I'd gor for the series 8, once the series 9 was released as the prices would drop.
Er... so that doesn't seem to be happening. At retailers, the 8 still seems to be priced the same as the 9.
What's going on there?

I've got a series 3 at the moment.
I thought I'd gor for the series 8, once the series 9 was released as the prices would drop.
Er... so that doesn't seem to be happening. At retailers, the 8 still seems to be priced the same as the 9.
What's going on there?
What's worse is that your series 3 is worth about £2.50. My series 4 is worth hardly anything either. It's pretty depressing how the value of these things drops through the floor on the second hand market. You could always check eBay for a series 8?

Is the steel (and crystal glass) worth the upgrade over the aluminium?

It is but then again the price raises drastically from like 430 with GPS and 550 with cellular to 750. If your going to be paying that much then the extra 50 on an Ultra would be a better option.

It has the better durability and crystal screen that’s bigger. Then all the other bonuses of the ultra like battery life etc.

Last edited:
Something that’s doing my head in with this new update.

The button change is a nightmare the double tap to see what’s running in the background rather than the single push on the other button.

I use overcast for my pods, I’m weird and listen to them when out running. I use to be able to skip through the ads no bother at all. Lift wrist hit skip. Flawless.

Now it doesn’t do it. It does the circular loading symbol even though it’s playing then takes about 5-10 seconds before it’ll actually be able to skip. Really messes up my rhythm when running.

I believe the Belkin provides the full power, but may need to do some digging to find out.

Just grabbed one of here, £109 - I do have the Apple Duo Charger but since iOS 17 I like to have the night stand function

So I picked up a Series 9 last night to replaced a very dated Garmin 235.

Is there any specific apps that are recommended? Especially for running and syncing with Strava.

@dannyjo22 anything you can recommend from your setup?

Also, is there any recommended 'protection' for these? I was looking at something like this

Is there any specific apps that are recommended? Especially for running and syncing with Strava.

Also, is there any recommended 'protection' for these? I was looking at something like this

Tagging Danny and then asking about protection won't end well...

I just got a screen protector; you can't see it, and it gives me some piece of mind should I knock the display.I tried the thing you linked and sent it back, it made it look awful and massive, you tend to do more harm with these bezel bumpers because they sit so tight to the device that if any sand/dust/dirt gets under it, it will just press it into the watch and eventually scratch it anyway.

I've just embraced the Apple Workout app. I don't use any add on apps at all for fitness. For running I don't find I miss any of the apps I used to use on my garmin. The only additional fitness app I use is for paddleboarding.

Tagging Danny and then asking about protection won't end well...
I got my son an SE as a gift when he finished Primary school, so its now over 4 years old. He never takes it off except to sleep. Wears it to school, sports etc and he has one small scratch in on the screen. Like any child he treats it like I got it for free and it's stood up well. I was going to get him a spigen bumper because he's a clutz but when I looked how little damage it had and is now worth less than a Five Guys burger I don't see the point.

I get why people fit them, but once it's over a year old you might as well ride it out until your replacement.

I just got a screen protector

Which one did you go for?

I've just embraced the Apple Workout app. I don't use any add on apps at all for fitness. For running I don't find I miss any of the apps I used to use on my garmin. The only additional fitness app I use is for paddleboarding.

I got my son an SE as a gift when he finished Primary school, so its now over 4 years old. He never takes it off except to sleep. Wears it to school, sports etc and he has one small scratch in on the screen. Like any child he treats it like I got it for free and it's stood up well. I was going to get him a spigen bumper because he's a clutz but when I looked how little damage it had and is now worth less than a Five Guys burger I don't see the point.

I get why people fit them, but once it's over a year old you might as well ride it out until your replacement.

Thanks for that mate.

Just carrying on as normal with mine. Appreciate the bigger display but otherwise it’s same old same old but with decent battery life again. No issue trading my 4 in via the post for what was originally quoted.

I have the AOD on but during the day I have a very basic watch face with no complications then when I’m trying I switch to something busier.

Had covid the past few days so haven't been doing any workouts, still crazy how good the battery is on the Ultra 2.

Kg5jaVo.png

Back
Top Bottom