Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 9 (and Ultra 2) thread (it has double tap and everything!) ***

Are you getting an Apple Watch series 9 and or Ultra 2?

• Total voters
Caporegime
Hides the VTECH looks too :p I'd just get AppleCare for it and get it swapped out later. Apple Watches are disposable tech anyway with little resale value. And every time some monster says sleep tracking a puppy dies.

Don
I’ve got a screen and frame protector for my Ultra 2.

Really impressed for the money, made from titanium and is pretty much a perfect colour match, can’t really tell it’s on either, looks like it’s part of the watch.

Where did you get the frame protector? Are these just for the ultras or available for the 9? I wouldn't mind a silicone bumper-type case that just protects the sides, I have a screen protector on already.

Soldato
Hides the VTECH looks too :p I'd just get AppleCare for it and get it swapped out later. Apple Watches are disposable tech anyway with little resale value. And every time some monster says sleep tracking a puppy dies.
It does have a vtech look! :cry:

Tbh I agree, haven’t taken out the AppleCare yet but will before 60 days is up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Where did you get the frame protector? Are these just for the ultras or available for the 9? I wouldn't mind a silicone bumper-type case that just protects the sides, I have a screen protector on already.
I take it you have a 9? Loads of silicone cases, mine for the ultra literally just covers the outside of the watch and leaves a slight area with the button just below the wheel open.

Permabanned
I don’t understand the point of a screen protector. I’ve had my series 4 SS for five years and there’s not a scratch on it. I would assume that the Ultra is even more scratch resistant.

Soldato
I don’t understand the point of a screen protector. I’ve had my series 4 SS for five years and there’s not a scratch on it. I would assume that the Ultra is even more scratch resistant.

Depends on the work you do? If I was sat at a desk all day, wouldn’t have one at all as no need.

Last two watches I’ve had, smashed a screen, scraped all the sides and edges on both too. No matter how scratch/crack resistant it is, don’t want to ruin a £800 watch and have to walk around with cracks and scratches everywhere.

Soldato
Depends on the work you do? If I was sat at a desk all day, wouldn’t have one at all as no need.

Last two watches I’ve had, smashed a screen, scraped all the sides and edges on both too. No matter how scratch/crack resistant it is, don’t want to ruin a £800 watch and have to walk around with cracks and scratches everywhere.
The Ultra has the worst sapphire of any of the watches, only one I’ve ever managed to scratch.

Caporegime
You wouldn't stick a screen protector and bumper on a Breitling and it costs far more and you would expect it to be with you forever! Get the black watch and just colour any dings in with a sharpie! It's weird to me how precious people get over throw away devices :p

It does have a vtech look! :cry:

Tbh I agree, haven’t taken out the AppleCare yet but will before 60 days is up.

It's what I would do and get it swapped out later. It's why they charge you hundreds for it!

Soldato
They’re only available for the ultra as they’ve got the flat edged screen.

Soldato
I managed to scratch my S4 in a one-off incident so I’m hoping my S9 can do the same or better! Got the midnight sport loop with it as I don’t like the rubber ones and don‘t swim/do sweaty cardio with it. Still got my Juuk aluminium straps which work with it but want a decent leather one or two I think… infinite 3rd party choices make it hard though!

Permabanned
Despite looking near-identical I’m really pleased with the move from a S4 SS to S9 SS. The slightly larger – and better quality – screen makes a huge difference. I also thought that the always on screen would be gimmicky but it’s actually nice not having to flick my wrist to see the time.

Don
Despite looking near-identical I’m really pleased with the move from a S4 SS to S9 SS. The slightly larger – and better quality – screen makes a huge difference. I also thought that the always on screen would be gimmicky but it’s actually nice not having to flick my wrist to see the time.
Has anyone ever tested the battery life with always on being on/off? I turned it off to save battery life, assuming the difference would be significant. I'm charging the watch every other day now; I don't want to capture every day if possible.

Soldato
Has anyone ever tested the battery life with always on being on/off? I turned it off to save battery life, assuming the difference would be significant. I'm charging the watch every other day now; I don't want to capture every day if possible.
Haven’t really tried it properly with it being on and off to properly say. I did use AOE to begin with but noticed it literally was always on with my watch face and I didn’t like that as when out in the sun it would increase the brightness to make it viewable.

I’ve switched to off now and flick my wrist when needed and seem to get pretty much 3 days on my Ultra 2 now.

Soldato

On my iPhone 14 pro AOD used up about 20% a day - never checked on my series 8 but probably similar.

However both devices lost 10% battery capacity in a year which has never happened on any previous devices so can only assume that's caused by AOD so switched off now on my 15 pro max and ultra 2..

Caporegime

Not tested to compare but I have used it with it off for the better part of 3 years.

I also only charge it up to about 80-90% and i can get 24hrs from them before it hit like under 20%.

I don't need the screen to be on when i am not looking at it.

Back
Top Bottom