** The Official ASUS P5N-E SLI & Ultra 650i Thread **

Steves_pc said:
Thats not bad for Hitachi's, did similar on my dfi before i went to raptors, incidentally if you've got that many why only a pair raided!

Only 4 SATA channels. 1 for my optical drive, one for my data drive and 2 for the RAID. I've got an EVGA 680i board with four Hitachis as the OS drive. I'll try them later.

Just got mine fired up and seems real slow compared to my old a7nx8-e as in when i click on a folder full of 1000's of ringtones slow to load and on the a7n no wait at all post me the links for testing apz and i will show the results

terryuk22 said:
Just got mine fired up and seems real slow compared to my old a7nx8-e as in when i click on a folder full of 1000's of ringtones slow to load and on the a7n no wait at all post me the links for testing apz and i will show the results

Have you installed with SATA II?
Have you installed the chipset drivers?
What are your current settings

in terms of benchmarking applications you probably want;

SuperPi
3DMark '06
PCMark '05
HD Tach
SiSoft Sandra

OC_A64 said:
All fixed. Battery out for 2 days seemed to do the job randomly!
Up and running, testing memory again now but switched to GSkill HZ 6400.

The foldy-gods must have been smiling on you.

GSkill HZ eh? And I've just acquired some additional Crucial Anniversary as well. You're not inspiring confidence in that RAM! I knew I should've spent the extra £35 and got the Cellshock :rolleyes:

Anyway - back to the fight soldier!

WJA96 said:
The foldy-gods must have been smiling on you.

GSkill HZ eh? And I've just acquired some additional Crucial Anniversary as well. You're not inspiring confidence in that RAM! I knew I should've spent the extra £35 and got the Cellshock :rolleyes:

Anyway - back to the fight soldier!

Nope, have both GSkill and Crucial mate. Love the crucial to bits, would never get rid of it :D

Sorry for the mis-understanding.

Kaiju said:
Team Xtreem! :p

Erm... Crucial have an RMA centre in East Kilbride and I know from actual experience that they will turn the RMA around inside 48 hours. There is a thread elsewhere where Gibbo is doing his utmost to help people RMA GeIL RAM, but without a receipt or an order number he can't help them through OcUK and apparently GeIL in Taiwan are being less than responsive. I have some concerns about RAM warranties anyway but overseas based RMAs are carp. I pretty much know if I RMA something to OcUK it'll get sorted.

trojan698 said:
Soo.. tempted, must .. resist.

I didn't - and if you were following the thread in Memory you'll know how much crow I ended up eating when Gibbo slashed the price on the Crucial Anniversary RAM. I was absolutley adamant that I wasn't ever going to buy Micron again.. blah blah blah... Anyway - at that price the RAM is stupidly good value.

Buy some - you know you want to. Once you've sold on your old 2Gb set it'll only cost you £75-ish tops.

I took off the artic cooler and applied some zalman heat paste because I didnt have any at all to hand before. Its reduced idle temps by 8c and load temps by 23c!
I swear it was seated firmly before just as it is now but I should be able to press on now anyhow.
But now because the chipset unestimates the temperate, the fan on the artic never gets past 2.1k when I think 2.5k rpm is what it should be at with orthos on. Pity the bios doesnt have an ideal cpu temp to set like others do but at least the artic is a bit quieter now at idle.

What does the tjunction refer to on core temp, its not the max temp I presume. Ive not seen the chip throttle itself at all yet but throttlewatch doesnt seem fully accurate for this chip since its out of date now.

silversurfer said:
What does the tjunction refer to on core temp, its not the max temp I presume. Ive not seen the chip throttle itself at all yet but throttlewatch doesnt seem fully accurate for this chip since its out of date now.

TJunction is an Intel defined constant for that specific processor model. Coretemp is calculated by deducting the current temperature sensor reading from the TJunction figure.

http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/CoreTemp/howitworks.html

Throttlewatch doesn't work for Core2Duo's as far as I am aware.

Kaiju said:
Team Xtreem! :p
WJA96 said:
Erm... Crucial have an RMA centre in East Kilbride and I know from actual experience that they will turn the RMA around inside 48 hours. There is a thread elsewhere where Gibbo is doing his utmost to help people RMA GeIL RAM, but without a receipt or an order number he can't help them through OcUK and apparently GeIL in Taiwan are being less than responsive. I have some concerns about RAM warranties anyway but overseas based RMAs are carp. I pretty much know if I RMA something to OcUK it'll get sorted.
Que?

Back
Top Bottom