** The Official ASUS P5N-E SLI & Ultra 650i Thread **

Soldato
Kaiju said:

I wouldn't buy the TEAM RAM because of the potential for long-term RMA issues. To RMA the TEAM RAM outside of the UK's "12-months with retailer" legal warranty you have to send it to Taiwan, at your cost. I was simply pointing out that although I had no evidence to suggest TEAM are unresponsive to RMA requests, other non-UK based RMA departments (GeIL) are.

Soldato
WJA96 said:
I wouldn't buy the TEAM RAM because of the potential for long-term RMA issues. To RMA the TEAM RAM outside of the UK's "12-months with retailer" legal warranty you have to send it to Taiwan, at your cost. I was simply pointing out that although I had no evidence to suggest TEAM are unresponsive to RMA requests, other non-UK based RMA departments (GeIL) are.
Ah, thanks for the heads up mate.

Soldato
Though my heart wants an 8800 GTS, I figure its a bad time for me to spend 300 on a GPU. the X1950 pro can run Oblivion and whatever till ET quake wars comes out, then if it has any problems, I will sell this card and upgrade.

By that time R600 will be more well known, and more of the 8x00 rang will be out.

Soldato
OC_A64 said:
Nope, no probs at all

Do Ati cards go to 125mhz on the pci-e bus too

Not that Ive tested the exact benefits of that tbh

I just had to drop my overclock from 3.3ghz to 2.6ghz for no apparent reason. I rebooted and it wouldnt stay stable loading windows. It ran superpi but orthos failed instantly so I knew it wasnt perfect but still a bit strange to just refuse to boot at anything close.
Also its wiped my oc profile info I saved :(

I noticed it'll load profiles from the hard drives, someone send me the perfect oc profile for a e6400 and I can skip this funny business.

Anyone seen one of these ultra boards? or the gigabyte one even

Associate
silversurfer said:
Do Ati cards go to 125mhz on the pci-e bus too

Not that Ive tested the exact benefits of that tbh

I just had to drop my overclock from 3.3ghz to 2.6ghz for no apparent reason. I rebooted and it wouldnt stay stable loading windows. It ran superpi but orthos failed instantly so I knew it wasnt perfect but still a bit strange to just refuse to boot at anything close.
Also its wiped my oc profile info I saved :(

I noticed it'll load profiles from the hard drives, someone send me the perfect oc profile for a e6400 and I can skip this funny business.

Anyone seen one of these ultra boards? or the gigabyte one even

Wouldnt think so, there's not any huge need to run high PCI-E speed anyway really.

Any way you can save an OC profile to hdd? Can try and sort you out on on the 6300 if you want? Should just be a matter of setting the multi back to 8* and off you go?

Associate
Well many thanks to WJA96 and OC_A64 for Testing this board and posting results.

I am thinking of definately buying this board at the end of the month when I get paid (food is overrated anyway); and combining it with my E6400 ES, OCZ Platinum 2GB PC6400 and my BFG 7950GT 512mb - looks like an excellent performing setup for virtually no cost to me :

E6400 ES (auction site £35 if it works!)
£80 odd for this mobo
Rest I got after an insurance payout (as an assembled machine)
Should go well with my 2 150Gb Raptors in raid..

Excellent jobs dudes... kudos and I think OCUK should give you a discount for all the money you guys tempt me to spend - Gibbo!!!!

Soldato
OC_A64 said:
Wouldnt think so, there's not any huge need to run high PCI-E speed anyway really.

Any way you can save an OC profile to hdd? Can try and sort you out on on the 6300 if you want? Should just be a matter of setting the multi back to 8* and off you go?

The way they touted it, I thought there must be some big benefit. Maybe its only usefull to sli or 8800gtx cards
I will measure to see, later on

Might be good for a laugh, yea. Post it up and I'll give it a go.

Whats the max vcore I should be using with this chip. I only have simple air cooling. Getting a .02 drop on an apparent vcore of 1.41, at present.

Actually that sounds too good, under orthos load its .05 Good ole Asus

Soldato
@OC_A64 - what settings were you using with the Anniversary RAM when you had it running at 501FSB? I'm a bit nervy about going to the 2.3V setting, but I'm not stable at 2.27. Also - could you get it to run 1T at that -I notice you're running 2T in your screenies?

Associate
Blank screen probs
Just plugged a usb card reader (whilst on) into it the comp rebooted now all i get is a blank screen i see a bit of the boot logo but cant get into bios no more by pressing del key
had the same prob with a asus a7n but if you pressed the insert key it cleared
the prob but this dont.... It even beebs as normal
Ive reloaded the bios using a dos disk and awdflash still the same dont think anythings blown just cant see video etc...
anyone know anything or do asus have a uk support number

Hope this in right section

Associate
WJA96 said:
@OC_A64 - what settings were you using with the Anniversary RAM when you had it running at 501FSB? I'm a bit nervy about going to the 2.3V setting, but I'm not stable at 2.27. Also - could you get it to run 1T at that -I notice you're running 2T in your screenies?

Erm, think it was the 2.2 setting. That would follow on from P5B testing/running. Can't remeber off hand tho.

1T wise, haven't done much testing there yet. Stuck in the middle of exams and racing to get my Mage to L60 (WoW) so between those 2 it's not left much time for testing lately! The HZ clocks like crap compared to the Crucial though, having issues @ 550FSB 5,5,5,x timings at the mo!

Associate
terryuk22 said:
Blank screen probs
Just plugged a usb card reader (whilst on) into it the comp rebooted now all i get is a blank screen i see a bit of the boot logo but cant get into bios no more by pressing del key
had the same prob with a asus a7n but if you pressed the insert key it cleared
the prob but this dont.... It even beebs as normal
Ive reloaded the bios using a dos disk and awdflash still the same dont think anythings blown just cant see video etc...
anyone know anything or do asus have a uk support number

Hope this in right section

Does it work ok if you remove the USB reader?

Associate
terryuk22 said:
ive removed everything i possably can including spare hard drives
now 1 dvd 1 ide drive and does this p5ne have a clear cmos jumper

Yes, check the manual. It's "Clear RTC", 2 jumpers down near the SATA connectors. It's the jumper closest (well next to) the LED.

Associate
OC_A64 said:
Yes, check the manual. It's "Clear RTC", 2 jumpers down near the SATA connectors. It's the jumper closest (well next to) the LED.

How to fix

move jumper clear rtc hold down del+insert key on keyboard
Power on do this a few times move jumper back go into bios settings reset and reboot

DO NOT INSERT USB DEVICES WHEN ON !!!!

Soldato
terryuk22 said:
How to fix

move jumper clear rtc hold down del+insert key on keyboard
Power on do this a few times move jumper back go into bios settings reset and reboot

DO NOT INSERT USB DEVICES WHEN ON !!!!

That might well have worked, but all you really need to do is move the jumper and leave it there for 15 seconds or so. Then put it back and power on again. That should work.

Soldato
OC_A64 said:
Erm, think it was the 2.2 setting. That would follow on from P5B testing/running. Can't remeber off hand tho.

1T wise, haven't done much testing there yet. Stuck in the middle of exams and racing to get my Mage to L60 (WoW) so between those 2 it's not left much time for testing lately! The HZ clocks like crap compared to the Crucial though, having issues @ 550FSB 5,5,5,x timings at the mo!

I've found my problem - I had raised the LDT from 5x to 6x and it was no problem when running 333/667MHz at 3-3-3-8-15-1T, but anything much over that and it carped out. Now cruising at 601/1202MHz 5-5-5-18-30-2T using 2.279V RAM/1.539V Northbridge. It's not orthos stable, but it's been running F@H for a couple of hours now, so I'm not too bothered. This is one hell of a RAM/Motherboard combination. I haven't even unpacked my Abit IN-9 as I'm just to put it up for auction. I had it pre-ordered at £180 so I may even make enough to buy another P5N-E SLi!

Last edited:
Associate
WJA96 said:
I've found my problem - I had raised the LDT from 5x to 6x and it was no problem when running 333/667MHz at 3-3-3-8-15-1T, but anything much over that and it carped out. Now cruising at 601/1202MHz 5-5-5-18-1T using 2.279V RAM/1.539V Northbridge. It's not orthos stable, but it's been running F@H for a couple of hours now, so I'm not too bothered. This is one hell of a RAM/Motherboard combination. I haven't even unpacked my Abit IN-9 as I'm just to put it up for auction. I had it pre-ordered at £180 so I may even make enough to buy another P5N-E SLi!

1T at 600mhz - you mean 2T right?

Back
Top Bottom