** The Official ASUS P5N-E SLI & Ultra 650i Thread **

Soldato
yeah, that'd be good if you could test it :)

are there any active air cooling solutions that would work well on this board with a Tuniq Tower installed?

as i'm not sure how obstructive it is. the thermalright NB coolers look good but i very much doubt they'll fit.

Associate
SidewinderINC said:
yeah, that'd be good if you could test it :)

are there any active air cooling solutions that would work well on this board with a Tuniq Tower installed?

as i'm not sure how obstructive it is. the thermalright NB coolers look good but i very much doubt they'll fit.

Just bung an 80mm fan over it, seems to do the job nicely lol!

Associate
Has any one managed to fit a Scythe Ninja to this board?
I tried but I was never entirely convinced that it was fitted correctly as the cooler seemed to rest on top of the northbridge heatsink, plus 2 of the clips didnt seem to click into place.
Can anyone recommend a cooler for this board?

Associate
Shooting for a bit more stability now, running decent 24/7 voltages. vDimm is ~ 2.3 or so here (taking droop into account)

32_dual_stable.JPG

Click for big

Orthos wise, running now @ the above FSB/memory speed but dropped the CPU to 6* multi. This CPU runs hot (as noted in previous thread) and needs watercooling to run above ~ 3.45 or so ghz to keep temps decent. Seems to be running fine so far.

Droop on the vcore isn't _that_ bad on this board. Setting the vCore in bios then the + 0.1v option seems to give you under load ~ the vCore actually set. (ie 1.35 + 0.1v = ~ 1.4v Idle, => ~ 1.35v under Orthos load) Certainly no worse than on the P5B which droops ~ 0.1v load -> idle.

@SideWinder - will get some pics later for you. Fan's resting between ATX cable and graphics card atm tho lol, kinda perching there waiting to fall off!

Associate
SidewinderINC said:
seeing as your Ram speed increase and clock decrease has added a couple of minutes to your 32m time why dont you drop the ram clocks a little and lower the ram voltage?

or is 2.3v completely safe?

2.3v with active cooling is ok, it's the MAX I'd run 24/7 though. Might get away with lower voltage that this even, thats on the test list to come!

Time wise, running 2 instances of pi hurt's performance of these chips. You don't get the same time running 1 instance as you do 2. Will run a single loop for you later to show the performance increase :)

Soldato
OC_A64, would you run 500x7 on the CPU 24/7 or isn't it stable? If so, is 500FSB runnin' in sync with RAM 1:1 stable? Apologies for the silly questions.

Associate
Kaiju said:
OC_A64, would you run 500x7 on the CPU 24/7 or isn't it stable? If so, is 500FSB runnin' in sync with RAM 1:1 stable? Apologies for the silly questions.

The CPU's certainly capable of it, and the ram deff is. The board should be too it would seem. Will slap a waterblock on the CPU and give that a whirl. Limited by cooling at the mo, temps in the mid 70's load on stock cooler damn B batch chips!

Soldato
OC_A64 said:
The CPU's certainly capable of it, and the ram deff is. The board should be too it would seem. Will slap a waterblock on the CPU and give that a whirl. Limited by cooling at the mo, temps in the mid 70's load on stock cooler damn B batch chips!
Great! What CPU heatsink are you using? Have you stuck any extra cooling on the N/B & S/B yet?

Associate
Kaiju said:
Great! What CPU heatsink are you using? Have you stuck any extra cooling on the N/B & S/B yet?

Stock cooler on everything (CPU/NB and nothing on SB) NB's getting extra cooling from an 80mm fan atm, with a 120 over ram.

CPU's usually run under a DD TDX, and have an MCW30 NB sink which should fit. Wanted to get some "normal" real world figures sorted before adding any "fancy" cooling. Running under the stock sink gives a decent representation as to the possible expected clocks from the board/cpu under normal conditions.

Soldato
OC_A64 said:
Stock cooler on everything (CPU/NB and nothing on SB) NB's getting extra cooling from an 80mm fan atm, with a 120 over ram.

CPU's usually run under a DD TDX, and have an MCW30 NB sink which should fit. Wanted to get some "normal" real world figures sorted before adding any "fancy" cooling. Running under the stock sink gives a decent representation as to the possible expected clocks from the board/cpu under normal conditions.
Keep it up man, you're doin' a stellar job. :)

Soldato
yeah, if you're clocking like that just to show the masses on a stock cooler then major kudos!

if only my wallet hadn't got stolen yesterday i'd be ordering it now...cancelled the order i had before as it was for a horrible beige version of it.

Associate
489_Prime.JPG

Prime stable shot, FSB/memory testing NOT CPU (so ignore the low speed) Orthos and Coretemp are showing the wrong CPU speed, so go by CPU-z.

Thanks to WJA96, managed to get the board booting and running fine over 500 FSB now, with memory speeds at over 500mhz.

Priming @ 501 FSB now :)

Soldato
OC_A64 said:
Prime stable shot, FSB/memory testing NOT CPU (so ignore the low speed)

2.9GHz on an E6300 and you're apologizing for the low overclock? ROFL!

OC_A64 said:
Priming @ 501 FSB now :)

ASUS should be paying us for this you know! Have you seen how many views we're getting in here? I can't believe we're not selling a load of motherboards for someone!

Associate
WJA96 said:
2.9GHz on an E6300 and you're apologizing for the low overclock? ROFL!

ASUS should be paying us for this you know! Have you seen how many views we're getting in here? I can't believe we're not selling a load of motherboards for someone!

Yea, 3ghz is a bit poo really ;)

Lol yea, your tip works a charm btw! 507 FSB now :D <edit> maybe not! rebootage! </edit>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom