*** The official Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" ultra-wide thread ***

Soldato
Monitor swapped over by Asus today and its a stunning one. Absolutely 0 bleed on it. No dead pixels and excellent condition overall.

All in all took 3 days from start to finish of RMA and monitor swapped at the door. Not usually a fan of Asus warranty but very impressed this time around.

Associate
Does anyone else feel like they can see scan lines on their monitor? Not sure if I can or I am sitting too close.

I just don't seem to be able to enjoy anything I buy these days lol

Try a better quality display port cable than the one supplied. Lindy Cromo worth checking out.

Mobster
Soldato
Something weird happened with mine the other day, a very very thin light blue line ran down the monitor, near **** myself... turned it off and back on and it dissapeared, was that a fault ?

Associate
Something weird happened with mine the other day, a very very thin light blue line ran down the monitor, near **** myself... turned it off and back on and it dissapeared, was that a fault ?
Possibly... Vertical/horizontal R/G/B lines are usually a symptom failure of TAB (board-to-glass) interface contacts located on the screen edges. Sometimes failure intermittent and happens when screen heats up/cools down due to thermal movement.
Keep a close eye on it.

Soldato

problem is you could be waiting months for it to happen again and if you send it back they will say nothing found wrong with it

Soldato
I have just bought one of these monitors, sent back my LG 34UC98 as it had some issues.

Hopefully, the gysnc and higher refresh will suit me ^_^. I have never had a monitor with any refresh rate higher than 60!

Associate
I have just bought one of these monitors, sent back my LG 34UC98 as it had some issues.

Hopefully, the gysnc and higher refresh will suit me ^_^. I have never had a monitor with any refresh rate higher than 60!

Can't say it makes that much difference 60 to 100. Certainly isn't night and day imo. I think it probably works better on a tn panel with the faster response time.

Soldato

You will notice it for sure :). It makes every difference to me. 60hz feels clunky and slow. 100hz is lovely and smooth. Enjoy it :D. Lovely monitor.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dpd driver is a ****ing ****, watched him drive by then immediately get a message saying none delivery lmfao. The picture even shows him in motion as he passed our house. What an ******* now I have to pick this stupid **** up tommorow.

The more this item changes hands the more chance for problems I hate couriers. Dpd are usually great but **** sake.

Associate
Can anyone do me a solid and measure the length and depth the stand takes up?
Check that video I think Tom mentions the stand dimensions somewhere in there.Nearly sure.I had to take it off my own stand unfortunately.It's up in the attic now and after a few beers last night I don't fancy climbing up there:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWVa76y8RXo

Last edited:
Caporegime
Dpd driver is a ****ing ****, watched him drive by then immediately get a message saying none delivery lmfao. The picture even shows him in motion as he passed our house. What an ******* now I have to pick this stupid **** up tommorow.

The more this item changes hands the more chance for problems I hate couriers. Dpd are usually great but **** sake.

Maybe have a quiet word with the driver to let him know that you saw him? He'll think twice about doing it to you next time perhaps. I hate the tossbags when they do that :(

Soldato
Right lads, so a DPD driver who was responsible for taking the van back to the depot decided he wanted to empty out the van before doing so and came by! LUCKY ME!!!

I think this may be over exposed? From the cameras point of view but when im looking at it, I can see backlight but it doesnt look as bad as some of pics ive seen from people here. How do I take a picture that is not over exposed so we can compare?

I think there is only one dead pixel behind th e pannel but it is literally in the top right corner at the point so can't even notice it.

14721682_10154174789033264_3853226278053476286_n.jpg

Soldato
Right lads, so a DPD driver who was responsible for taking the van back to the depot decided he wanted to empty out the van before doing so and came by! LUCKY ME!!!

I think this may be over exposed? From the cameras point of view but when im looking at it, I can see backlight but it doesnt look as bad as some of pics ive seen from people here. How do I take a picture that is not over exposed so we can compare?

I think there is only one dead pixel behind th e pannel but it is literally in the top right corner at the point so can't even notice it.

What brightness is this at?

Does look a little over exposed to me but even then it doesn't look too bad depending on your brightness level.

Mines at 25 normally.

As I always say, your the one using it. If your happy with it bleed and pixel wise then don't worry :).

Last edited:
Soldato
DlxPJjV.jpg

Dear god, Gsync....

This monitor compared to when I was playing on the 34LGUC98 on any of the games i've played is just an utter stomp.

Absolute stomp its not even funny.

I'm not sure on the BLB atm and the single dead pixel ive found is not anywhere I will notice it.

My brightness is at 65... is this high? lol

Soldato
Dear god, Gsync....

This monitor compared to when I was playing on the 34LGUC98 on any of the games i've played is just an utter stomp.

Absolute stomp its not even funny.

I'm not sure on the BLB atm and the single dead pixel ive found is not anywhere I will notice it.

My brightness is at 65... is this high? lol

Sounds about right :D. Is an awesome monitor. 21:9, 1440p and 100hz go together beautifully.

Your brightness is too high for me. Mines normally around 30. Bleed/glow even on the best of panels shows quite badly with high brightness. Especially if its coupled with being in a dark room as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom