*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Ayo lads.
Will there some sort of OCUK Discord for 2042? I've played BF since BF2, minus BF1 And BF-V.
Always played solo, would be nice to have a squad on the comms and tactical plays for immersion and fun.

Anyone down if there isn't one?

Soldato
From the video preview I've seen they spin up your design from the portal onto a server. That's pretty cool but you have to imagine it's the most minimum required specs. No idea if a popular custom server gets more resources thrown at it, if it becomes popular. I would much rather they use that method for testing purposes and when you are happy with the design you could rent your own server with full control. That would be amazing!

I'm looking forward to some old skool players making more hardcore version game modes with minimal hud, no hit markers, no ping alerts, no damage indicators. Fixing the ttk etc etc. Potential is absolutely huge right now but I don't trust EA/Dice to not **** us over in the long run.

Caporegime
An example of the crap LOD that seems to be inherent to this engine (this is on maxed settings).

Ne4h5Jv.png

Nothing there.

DKrazoE.png

All of a sudden, cover.

ABpQSlC.png

And it's not as if its something small either. Not a bit of wonder this game has so many hackusations, as well as being hacked to death. Also, that bipod looks painful.

Caporegime
Well currently seeing a rage cheater (latest is this moron AdlerYeti) every other night now in BFV.

If they don't try to do something about cheats it won't matter what the new game can or cannot do.

He's been about a while to say the least, just shows up this farce of a report system for what it is.

Man of Honour
Their entertainment is from ruining other people's time on the game. Even without cheats, it's now a common past time for absolute wronguns in online games, they play simply to annoy others.

Seems to happen whenever a game has publicly viewable stats or scoreboards and its rife online now. Take this game...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127500/Mini_Motorways/

Heres a game which is about as far from the Battlefield games on the competitive online game scale as you can possibly get, but, it has a leaderboard and people use cheats to top that leaderboard. On a puzzle game.

If you ask me, the absolute best thing game devs can do to reduce cheats is to get rid of all publicly viewable stats. Make stats only visible to the individual, the moment you have somewhere that people can show off their K/D or scores or them being "top" of, it promotes people cheating to do so.

Caporegime
Seems to happen whenever a game has publicly viewable stats or scoreboards and its rife online now. Take this game...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127500/Mini_Motorways/

Heres a game which is about as far from the Battlefield games on the competitive online game scale as you can possibly get, but, it has a leaderboard and people use cheats to top that leaderboard. On a puzzle game.

If you ask me, the absolute best thing game devs can do to reduce cheats is to get rid of all publicly viewable stats. Make stats only visible to the individual, the moment you have somewhere that people can show off their K/D or scores or them being "top" of, it promotes people cheating to do so.
They’ll never, ever do it, but no leaderboard, no in game visible K/D, just tickets remaining. If they can’t see themselves top of the leaderboard will that take away some of the cheaters quest for satisfaction of being at the top?

Man of Honour
They’ll never, ever do it, but no leaderboard, no in game visible K/D, just tickets remaining. If they can’t see themselves top of the leaderboard will that take away some of the cheaters quest for satisfaction of being at the top?

Yup, I've never really been a fan of the obsession with K/Ds being a thing, what matters is whether my team wins not whether the team lost but this one guy got a K/D of 48-0

Just scrap the leaderboard, the K/D, any 1st/2nd/3rd MVP type system and simply have like you say, tickets and at the end a screen message that says "X side wins the match". Nothing more than that is needed frankly.

Back
Top Bottom