Poll: ***The Official Battlefield 3 Thread***

Xbox 360 BF3 server preference

• Total voters
Soldato
FFS, so I rent this from LoveFilm but due to EA being some douche's I cant play online unless I pay £8.

Looks like it's just single player only for me then!

Ha, welcome to the new way for publishers to combat loss of a sale by forcing us to have online codes to play, what is really an online game anyhow..

I love how they also made Batman Arkham city catwoman as DLC with code, meaning anyone buying the game secondhand or getting it via rental will need to stump up £8 to play the catwoman missions..

Smart, but annoying way to ensure they get something out of the much hated by publishers second hand or rental markets..!! quite clever, and I've heard BF3 single player isn't really the meat of the game...

Soldato
Also completed the SP, only did it on Normal though, trying it on hard I suspect will bring back memories of trying to do Black Ops on Veteran

Graphically fantastic, sound is brilliant, little on the short side but personally I did enjoy the story and how it unravelled

I agree. The immersiveness is stunning, and the attention to detail really is mind blowing! The 3rd mission when you co-pilot the F-18 nearly made me crap my pants when it launched off the deck - I could swear I could hear "Highway to the Danger Zone..." in the background!

Caporegime
OP
What on earth is going on? Checked battle feed after being kicked out of a game due to connection problems and now I'm apparently Crofty. :confused::p

1320078332447.jpg

Soldato
Not had much time to play this, only had 1h54m online gameplay from release day. But i have to say, im finding it very hard to enjoy.

I feel like i should be holding a gamepad whilst playing it. Feels just like COD, Run and gun and hope for the best. Its my own fault really, as i was expecting a updated version of BF2 and this just isn't it.

Awesome game, graphically and the sounds are amazing. Just not my type of online game, its missing to much of what i loved about BF2.

EDIT: wups this was ment to be in the PC Section.

Last edited:
Associate
Really enjoying this game now, but feel that this needs repeating:

TURN YOUR FLASHLIGHT OFF WHEN NOT NEEDED!

The amount of times my own team is blinding me at the start of the game or even just when they are sprinting and I am next to them is infuriating.

I do agree with the destruction not as fun as BC2, there was a man in a shed today which I could not blow up with a tank. I am also rubbish at shooting things with the jets or helicopters, I can just about fly them OK but actually hitting anything is hard. In fact I've not hit anything in a jet yet the guns at the start seem puny, afraid if I don't unlock flares soon I will never have the chance.

Still I expect it to improve when most people go and play COD in the next few weeks. When I say "it" I mean me, I will improve when all the good players leave.

Soldato
What do you guys prefer; rush or conquest?

i find both as fun as eachother, i dont really play to win...just play to shoot and die...lots of dying

Really enjoying this game now, but feel that this needs repeating:

The amount of times my own team is blinding me at the start of the game or even just when they are sprinting and I am next to them is infuriating.

I do agree with the destruction not as fun as BC2, there was a man in a shed today which I could not blow up with a tank. I am also rubbish at shooting things with the jets or helicopters, I can just about fly them OK but actually hitting anything is hard. In fact I've not hit anything in a jet yet the guns at the start seem puny, afraid if I don't unlock flares soon I will never have the chance.

Still I expect it to improve when most people go and play COD in the next few weeks. When I say "it" I mean me, I will improve when all the good players leave.

lol, the tactical torch is kinda annoying if people are purposly aiming it at your face, same as laser sight but all in all i dont really mind i find it annoying if you turn it off/on and on some maps its hard to actually see if its on unless u stop and find a dark patch lmao

not having a problem with the 24 player limit...i think its a good ammount of people i die a lot as it is dont need more deaths :p

im no good in planes, then again i think i got in one for about 3 seconds.

i'll stick to tanks had a lovely moment earlier with a helicopter...tank shell vs little bird.
TG1.gif

the only thing that frustrates me at the moment is when i put 3-4 bullets into someone and they still kill me like what i did never happend. where as every other FPS i have ever played first hit normally (99.9%) gets you the kill/advantage

Last edited:
Associate
The alleyway flag on Grand Bazaar conquest is ripe for carnage. Was in an epic battle amongst what felt like nearly everyone from both sides with machine guns, rpg's, grenades and one of those anti infantry tank things. Epic. :cool:

Soldato
the more i play this the more im enjoying it but the maps are still terrible..
they need something done to them to make them all unique, right now they all look like the same dull depressing maps. was i spoiled by the jungle and snow type maps from BC2, i dont know.

Caporegime
Had a few decent games earlier on Squad Rush, it was a much better experience than the standard game modes. The maps are scaled down suitably to accommodate the 8 players, the lag was at a minimum compared to the large scale modes and it was an overall better experience. At least I could shoot someone and kill them, unlike in the larger modes where I shoot someone, they turn around, hit me once and I die.

Soldato
(PS3)
I am still enjoying it. But I do not like it as much as when BC2 came out. I loved that game. This game is good but I do not think it is as good as BC2.

Hopefully a update will sort out a lot things. I wish there was a big text display when you start the game saying THROW DOWN AMMO AND HEALTH. very few people do that.

But I will stick with it.
Also STOP locking ruddy squads, no one should be a lone wolf in this game.

What I remember about BF2 when I used to play it on the PC was, it was a longer game each round. People really worked together. Pretty much everyone had headsets. You did objectives. It was more involved. Squads were made up of 'class's' that were needed for the objective etc.

Seems it is more point and shoot and thats it mentality on the console side a lot of the time.

Last edited:
Associate
Had some really good games last like on Rush. I probably prefer rush mode because at least your team has a set objective rather than in CQ where everyone just runs from one flag to another.

Clarkson, I know exactly what you mean about that middle flag on Grand Bazaar. It can definitely get a bit hairy.

Associate
Really enjoying it :) Glad the servers are more stable now.

There are some crazy high ranks already though. Seriously, do some people play this nonstop or something?

I haven't really had any issues with servers, its always been sign on, get into a game really quick.

I've had a few bits of lag now and then but not too bad.

FInished top on caspian last night with 8000 points, loving the jet :D:D

Back
Top Bottom