*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Associate
Squad play is going to be interesting/painful for me. Being billy no mates I'm going to just get the squad I get put in ******* every round! It's one of the only reasons I never got into Squad or even Arma. Too busy running off like a demented vigilante.. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Watching the interview with one of the devs and what he is saying is complete contradiction to what that trailer showed us. It sounds from that interview they may want to return to BF2 level of squad play which has been missing in the last 8-9 years of Battlefield. Could this be the changing of the guard in terms of goals for the Battlefield series? I certainly hope so.

My favourite line was, "We're trying to get away from 'spawn, run, die'" but from past interviews, what DICE talk about and what gets released are often very far apart. Will be interesting to see what direction this goes in.

Soldato
I love how many complaints about it not being realistic at all, most of these making comparisons to bf3/4 for the pinnacle of realism within the FPS genre

Yep, the tippy top of realism there lads, the RAF do that all the time when they aren’t training as space shuttle door gunners.

Associate
Gonna get hate.... But man hope they have a battle royal... love that mode so much!

Semi confirmed as in the Grand Operations mode - if the 'Days' end as a draw the final 'Day' is a 1 life, limited ammo type affair on all players in the server, last man standing type of thing.

Wouldn't be too hard to make this standalone of the Grand Operations.

Shawrey

Associate
Reading back a few pages and seeing comments about it being more optimised for the xbox one x nearly has me giggling .... stick an i5 on a 64 man server and watch the frames drop ... how is it going to be any different with a jaguar APU .

The GPU side of things has always generally been tightly optimised ... a larger GPU with what is still a massive CPU bottleneck aint gonna change that ... 40-50fps is going to continue being the norm for consoles ...

There was a reason bf3 on previous generation hardware was man limited and that was the CPU ... the cutdown maps where the GPUs vram limits.

Associate
Squad play is going to be interesting/painful for me. Being billy no mates I'm going to just get the squad I get put in ******* every round! It's one of the only reasons I never got into Squad or even Arma. Too busy running off like a demented vigilante.. :rolleyes:

Just join up with the OCUK guys on discord.

Associate
Didn't like the trailer either but I really hope that the game itself will be good. Hopefully much better than BF1 because I only played like 20 hours before I got bored to death.

Ordered as well.

Back
Top Bottom