*** The official beard thread ***

Soldato
Hello all!

Seeing as you need stars for any new threads and such things these days, and there is a shaving thread...

I figured I would start a beard thread!

I've kept a beard on my face for around 8 years now, mixing it up between stubble and grade 2 length, a few crazy styles and cuts thrown in, but never a full clean shaven face unless it's for a very important event.

Any others on here the same?

I'm currently undertaking a bid to grow a very big beard, it's around grade 2 at the moment and I have another 3 weeks until I can trim and shape it up to look a little smarter and continue growing.

This site provides a bit of knowledge on lines, which most people mess up.

http://www.beards.org/grow.php

As for a grooming kit, I simply have a wireless trimmer (with chargeable battery) which comes with scissors, comb and such things.

Discuss minions!

wqfgT8p.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Can do, I will upload one when I get home :)

Anyone else have any comments on ginger hairs in beards? I started with a patch of ginger in my teens now pretty much 50% of my beard is ginger and my hair is naturally very dark brown, almost black haha. So I'm not sure what to do. Rock on with it or cover it up with that die comb thing?

Soldato
OP
Oh man I'm jealous of beardage. Military life sucks. I miss growing a beard!

It's fun :D I remember in training, I would get so much stick for not shaving, but I shaved every morning :( I just knew best not to answer back and shave again as instructed haha. Unlike others.

Soldato
Mine goes from stubble to about 8mm in length depending on how lazy i am between trimming it.

My annoying thing is i get the odd whisker like hair growing up towards my eyes which i can never be bothered shaving off. Its also fairly patchy.

FzCtSXP.jpg

Probably getting to about the point i'll trim it back now to be honest.

Soldato
20130729_135233_zpsbd762647.jpg

Just getting my horseshoe tash on. Not quite a beard but def fun facial hair.

Soldato
Marvt74, are you Wil Wheaton? :eek:

I currently have a goatee going on, unfortunately if I go too long then it gets incredibly irritating as it grows like brilo. If I try to leave it for 4 weeks like suggested in the link a) it is unbearable to live with and b) it goes all wispy round my cheeks and looks a mess. :(

Soldato
Since I've got very little hair on top of my head, I tend to rock a permanent beard so I don't look like a chemo patient. I use a Remington barba and tend to use grade 3/4. I haven't been clean shaven for about 5 years and can't see me ever being again.

Soldato
OP
MHXBUSC.jpg

Looking majestic as **** with Leroy the monkey torch, he is my traveling companion lol.

Yea, as you can see I trim my neck beard, but the rest is just growing slowly!

Back
Top Bottom