*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Spence was never in trouble.

Except by his own admission lol, he felt his timing was off, his defense was off early on...etc, all that will be down to Brook. Very tricky to deal with in the ring because of his accuracy, can easily compete with any welterweight in the world and hold his own, is definitely in the top 5.

I think he needs to move up to 154 because had he been able to sustain the momentum from the first 6 rounds it might have been totally different.

Soldato
Except by his own admission lol, he felt his timing was off, his defense was off early on...etc, all that will be down to Brook. Very tricky to deal with in the ring because of his accuracy, can easily compete with any welterweight in the world and hold his own, is definitely in the top 5.

I think he needs to move up to 154 because had he been able to sustain the momentum from the first 6 rounds it might have been totally different.

Hes a nice guy lol...look at it yourself...was he ever in trouble?

Caporegime
You can go 12 rounds, never be in trouble and lose on points. If he had the stamina that would've gone to points and he would've probably won. As soon as he slowed down Spence Jr started to take control and only then.

Edit: WTF? Kovalev v Ward 2? Why bother, Ward on points every time.

Soldato
Hes a nice guy lol...look at it yourself...was he ever in trouble?

I think most people had Brook up at the half way mark, that generally means things aren't going your way (Spence). Are you thinking you just witnessed a one-sided fight? Brook faded and Spence stepped it up, credit to him, but I genuinely believe Spence would have been worried early on when he was getting countered over his jab.

Soldato
I think most people had Brook up at the half way mark, that generally means things aren't going your way (Spence). Are you thinking you just witnessed a one-sided fight? Brook faded and Spence stepped it up, credit to him, but I genuinely believe Spence would have been worried early on when he was getting countered over his jab.

Its a 12 round fight...not a 6 round fight. Boxers plan for the full 12 knowing full well that they will come into it in the later stages. Spence wasnt troubled once...regardless of what your points say.

Soldato
I know it's a cliche but was a fight of two halves. Thought keel had it wrapped up after six, spence was feeling sorry for himself and complaining to the ref.

Just looked like Kell couldn't keep up the pace and got hurt / injured. Whilst it's harsh saying he quit I would agree with bellow and Khan that he checked out of the fight and as a fighter you don't have that quit in you which Kell didn't display. Whilst technically Kell was probably right if it is a serious injury for his long term future fighters who want it don't quit like that. Look at haye the man fought round after round with one foot. Can't remember name now but that heavyweight fighter who fought on with a dislocated shoulder and still won with one arm Danny Williams I think.

Soldato
eubank jr vs Arthur abraham just been announced on ppv

theres no way this is ppv worthy, abraham whilst clearly a talented boxer is well past his best

Don
Anybody watching the Burnett-Haskins fight? I know we get some dodgy scoring at times but I cannot believe what I've just seen. Burnett absolutely dominated the fight, had Haskins down twice - two of judges had it 119-107 but the third judge managed to have it 118-108(?) to Haskins! :eek: :confused:

There's only 2 possible explanations, either the 3rd judge was the bentest judge ever or he didn't know which fighter was which and he thought Haskins was Burnett.

Don
Although he says he's not spoke to the judge yet, Robert Smith didn't seem very happy with the judge which makes you think it wasn't simply a mix-up. Absolutely disgraceful stuff if that was a legit card.

Back
Top Bottom