*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Don
Yea, it does seem that Fury has got better the longer he's been out the ring. Prior to the Wlad fight nobody rated him at all and even after, the general opinion was Wlad was terrible rather than Fury great but 2 years later Fury is Ali.

Soldato
I still can’t believe people rate Tyson Fury, he danced around a ring last time out and never looked like hurting him. Final round he got tagged and looked in danger.

Before that I remember him uppercutting himself and getting floored by a non punching heavyweight.:confused:

For me he always showed promise but was too eager to have a brawl. I thought that would be his downfall if he ever stepped in with the best guys and as you point out when he got caught and put down he was pressing too hard. That said when we're talking about 200lbs plus fighters any punch landed can put you down. Even a jab from guys this size will buzz you and all you have to be is slightly off balance or see the punch a little too late.

The VK fight was a master class. Vlad didn't know what to do with him as Fury seemed to have answer for everything. All I can criticise him for is maybe not pressing a little more.

Yea, it does seem that Fury has got better the longer he's been out the ring. Prior to the Wlad fight nobody rated him at all and even after, the general opinion was Wlad was terrible rather than Fury great but 2 years later Fury is Ali.

Fury fought a good fight but I still say Wlad was terrible on the night. Gutted we didn't see a re-match.

I say Fury could still get back to/near the top of the HW division if he gets fit as there just isn't that much depth to it. How he copes with AJ I have no idea. Honestly think Joshua would give him a lot more trouble than Wlad did a few years ago simply by been more aggressive.

Soldato
He has huge flaws does Tyson Fury but his boxing IQ is right up there, and his footwork for someone so big is excellent. I still think what I always thought, Joshua puts him to sleep inside the first 6 rounds. I had Fury down as having a very good chance against Vlad despite the odds at the time, I think AJ makes easy work of him.

Associate
Frampton was a very lucky man tonight, he seemed to have Garcia's number in the early rounds but then started to stand and with fight him. It very nearly back fired on him, I'm sure that will have given him a good kick to the system for when he fights next time.

There was also a new record set tonight for the fastest knockout in a world title fight:

Last edited:
Soldato
It's being postponed to March isn't it? In which case there won't be a fight in December the tickets will stand for the new date but guess you could get a refund if you can't make that date.

Of course this is assuming Haye makes it to March in one piece!

Back
Top Bottom