1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by currantloaf, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

:confused:

That’s some nice bias there, I think you’ll find Carra was taking it a bit too seriously and was shouting the C word at him if you go back and watch it.

2. BaZ87

Don

I only saw a brief clip of it on youtube. It showed that kid trying to wind Carra up, Carra taking him out and then him getting upset about it.

3. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

This is not a good quality fight. Okolie has the size and reach to fight on the outside yet keeps jumping on Chamberlain and giving neither any space to work with.

Edit: Okolie's holding Chamberlain's right arm every round so he can't use it yet Chamberlain got docked a point for doing the same thing twice.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  4. e36Adz

Capodecina

What an unbelievable cruiserweight contest we have on itv4, into the 12th round we go...

5. Steedie

Man of Honour

This fight on Sky is awful :/

6. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

If there's a worse fight than that all year I'll be surprised, Okolie fought nothing like the PR commentators kept saying he was.

7. XeNoN89

Soldato

Did I just watch a boxing match or a wrestling match?

8. JunglistE

Mobster

Well that was an anticlimax

9. e36Adz

Capodecina

You guys missed a classic on itv4. Two undefeated cruiserweght world champions, a Cuban and Russian both with ridiculous ko % just went toe to toe, the russian KO'd the Cuban in the 12th round. The final will now be on May 11th with all 4 belts on the line between Gassiev and Usyk, both undefeated. If tonights fight is anything to go by I'll definitely be tuning in again.

10. robfosters

Capodecina

That fight was god awful. You know it’s bad when the promoter even says so.

No one in this division has got a chance against Usyk. He’s a machine, the closest thing to Ivan Drago I’ve ever seen in real life.

11. e36Adz

Capodecina

I'v never seen him fight but heard good things. May 11th is unmissable then because I want to see how he tries stopping this Russian guy, really solid power puncher with clubbing shots and sweet uppercuts. Really impressed with what I saw tonight, he started slow but was fighting at his own pace and not phased at all by the pressure or pace the Cuban set early. Slowly went up through the gears and in the 11th landed a beautiful flurry before finally timing a great shot on the Cubans chin in the 12th. I'd love to see him fight an Ivan Drago :)

12. Nate75

Sgarrista

Really looking forward to the Groves fight this weekend.

I expect Groves to win.

I don't believe Eubank has faced anyone at Groves' level and it will be interesting to see what he is made of really (he may surprise me!).

13. jigger

Sgarrista

Eubank hasn't faced anyone as good as Groves but it's not from lack of trying and he has showed what he's made of and proved himself more than ready to compete at this level.

I can't split the two of them and it will be interesting to see how the fight plays out. Groves is a lot bigger, more experienced and a very accurate heavy puncher. Eubank is lighter, has better stamina and a brutal work rate. If Groves can give Eubank enough to think about and maintain control of the fights pace for long periods then he has the advantages. If Eubank can keep the pressure on and force Groves to work 3 minutes of a round then I think Eubank breaks Groves up within 8-9 rounds.

14. Jimbeam3678

Capodecina

15. =XDC=FluphyBunny

Mobster

16. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

That KSI fight was awsome!

17. The_One

Sgarrista

I think eubank jr will win in the later rounds by a tko

Ref will step in as i see groves taking punishment like blackwell did

He wont drop groves but he will be on him every round and sheer number of punches will be too much imo

18. MookJong

Soldato

Yeah I agree Grove's will probably wear his heart on his sleeve as he often does, will be too brave take too much punishment and the ref will step in.

Eubank predicts round 6-8 I think 10-11

I cannot wait and although I have Eubank favourite I'm not convinced it will go all his way.

I thought the press conference the other day was hilarious. Eubank has certainly inherited his fathers wit.

19. Parky

Wise Guy

Groves looks like he is going to be coming in heavy tomorrow, Eubank looking in good shape as always as well, I think there will be a big size difference on fight night. I can't quite gauge either of them though, I think they are both feeling the nerves a little now as Eubank was being even more mouthy than usual and Groves has been a little quiet.

Should be an awesome fight, can see it going either way. I want to lean towards Groves as I like his style, but can't argue with the engine & work rate of Eubank.

How has the production been on ITV box office events lately? I caught a few of the ones from a few months ago and they were shocking, hope they've improved.

20. The_One

Sgarrista

What has made you think groves in coming in heavy tomorrow when eubank was heavier on the scales