*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Associate
This just further complicates things now, AJ needs to find a credible opponent from over the pond as a replacement quickly if Miller is out. Only problem is I don't really see any, maybe Luis Ortiz but it's short notice after just fighting himself. It seems that all the politics between promoters and fighters over the last several months have backfired somewhat and drained some of the excitement out of the division.

Soldato
AJ can only really fight Ortiz now that still remains slightly credible.

Names like Charr and Pulev will be so disappointing, but it's a bit rubbish for all parties really seen as Fury and Wilder are tied up now.

The obv next step is Whyte, but can't see it. He said the last time wasn't long enough for training camp and not its less at 7weeks now if they took it so not sure, plus they will need to up the price.

Ortiz looks the easiest one to make.

Caporegime
Anyone watched the Khan vs Crawford build up on BT Sport?

Khan's even more delusional than we first thought. Apparently losing to Prescott made him realise he can't just win fights with his power, Mayweather would've struggled against someone as fast and skilful as him and he's proven he has a solid chin.

He's getting flattened at the weekend and he doesn't seem to be aware yet.

Soldato

Khan's even more delusional than we first thought. Apparently losing to Prescott made him realise he can't just win fights with his power, Mayweather would've struggled against someone as fast and skilful as him and he's proven he has a solid chin.

Thats my feeling too. Steve Bunce was trying to talk him up in the 5live boxing podcast but I think Khan is such a busted flush. He was awful in his last fight and has lost pretty much 80% of the time he has fought at world level. Fair play to him for taking on the best but I worry he will get badly hurt. 9-1 against Khan on Betfair tells you all you need to know.

Soldato

I for one will be watching for that very reason. He's not a bad boxer but he hasn't got a boxing brain so when he gets hit he reverts back to type.

Don
News just coming out that Miller's now failed a 2nd separate test for another substance. Pretending he didn't intentionally cheat has just got a lot harder.

Caporegime
I've not seen what sort of shape AJ's in but I would guess he would've put on a bit more weight for the Miller fight so they need to be careful with the opponent they pick for him. Hopefully Khan's up for it.

Soldato
Miller even failed a third test. Human growth hormone amongst other things. I can’t believe he even tried to pretend it was an accident, did he really think that they wouldn’t find another?
Proven he’s an absolute numpty to anyone who didn’t think he already was.
I’m disappointed as I was looking forward to seeing AJ pound him.

Associate
It's crazy, he was on a reported £5million payday, and he's thrown it away.

He could have just got in the ring, held AJ off for as long as possible and sorted his family for life. Madness.

Permabanned
LMAO @ Miller. And it's a good thing as Miller is an awful boxer and very undeserving of a title shot - AJ & Eddie should be ashamed of themselves for trying to fight such an opponent.

Soldato
He obviously took it as a way out. If he’d wanted to carry on he would have waited the 5 minutes he would be allowed to recover and then see how he felt. Instead he told the trainer he couldn’t go on after barely a minute.

Knew he wasn’t gonna win the fight so bailed out.

Back
Top Bottom