*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Associate
Yeah he bailed, not sure where his trainer got the idea Khan was starting to find his rhythm. It was only going one way and now Khan can easily get another big pay day against Brook or someone else. I'm guessing that within the next 48 hours Khan will start stating he could have won if not for that low blow and want a rematch.

Soldato
Really missed boat on the Khan V Brook fight, 4/5 years ago that was a stadium barn burner would have been a mega money domestic dust up. In 2019 both of them are varying degrees of washed up, it would still be a 'big' fight and would probably sell out the O2 etc but it's not nearly as attractive a proposition as back then.

Brook still wins it btw as long as he's got 2 hands (and 2 working eye sockets) ;)

Permabanned
Eddie said David Allen is now just two wins away from a Joshua fight. **** me, this can't be allowed to happen. Allen is fighting Price next, BTW.

Caporegime
Not sure about that. The wild windmill punch Allen threw in the first round, which Browne just stepped away from, is the sort of punch that would land on Price.

If Price fights smart and stays on the outside he could break him down with the jab but you only need to look at him to know there's not a lot going on in that head and he'll try and trade with him.

Don
Eddie said David Allen is now just two wins away from a Joshua fight.

I'm not sure if this comment is tongue in cheek because Hearn literally said not to make a thing of this. Yes, if Allen beats somebody like a Chisora or Price and then goes on to beat somebody like Povetkin then he'd be in line for a shot at AJ but him winning those fights aren't likely and if he does then of course he deserves that chance. Allen being 2 fights away from AJ is like saying a non-league side that makes it to the 4th round of the FA Cup being 3 games away from the FA Cup final - it's factually true but highly unlikely that they'll win those 3 games and make it.

Soldato
Problem with Price is yes he could take his time and win a fight but his gas tank is like 3 rounds! He's had 24 fights none of them have gone past 7 rounds he's usually on oxygen past round 5 :p it's swing or bust with him.

Him and Allen would be a fun little domestic dust up but you only need to look at Allens record to realise AJ talk is ridiculous he's Domestic/European level at absolute best.

Caporegime
Problem with Price is yes he could take his time and win a fight but his gas tank is like 3 rounds! He's had 24 fights none of them have gone past 7 rounds he's usually on oxygen past round 5 :p it's swing or bust with him.

Him and Allen would be a fun little domestic dust up but you only need to look at Allens record to realise AJ talk is ridiculous he's Domestic/European level at absolute best.
He’s not even European level. He’s a glorified journeyman.

Permabanned
^ Agreed.

I'm not sure if this comment is tongue in cheek because Hearn literally said not to make a thing of this. Yes, if Allen beats somebody like a Chisora or Price and then goes on to beat somebody like Povetkin then he'd be in line for a shot at AJ but him winning those fights aren't likely and if he does then of course he deserves that chance. Allen being 2 fights away from AJ is like saying a non-league side that makes it to the 4th round of the FA Cup being 3 games away from the FA Cup final - it's factually true but highly unlikely that they'll win those 3 games and make it.

Yeah. However, he KO'd Browne, and I bet he'd KO Price, and then if he beats someone else (e.g. Charr for the WBA "regular" belt) then Sky could probably convince the average casual fan that he's some wrecking ball that is a big threat to Joshua :rolleyes:

Don
Allen - Price has been confirmed for the undercard of the Whyte fight. I know you can never be sure of anything with Price but he should be too good for Allen.

Permabanned
I'm betting on Allen's pressure style, as sloppy as it is, getting to Price, who burns far too much nervous energy in his head. Still, wouldn't be shocked if Price lands a big one and knocks Allen's lights out...

Associate
Is Allen that bad? Never seen him fight just heard about the cult following.

His style makes him too easy to hit, something that will always keep him from the top level. He relies on having a good chin which I don't think is ever the best way to go about things. It does however mean he gets into some entertaining scraps at times, plus he really just seems like a normal bloke in his interviews.

I can see the fight going either way, they both have rubbish stamina, Price has a weak chin but probably hits harder than Allen does. I reckon it will be one of those whoever hits big first wins kind of fights.

Back
Top Bottom