*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
If he lands, it's goodnight.

AJ vs Wilder, it's not gonna be a boxing contest that's for sure. You have to give it to Wilder, he believes his own hype, his power is real, and irrespective of how the fight is going he always goes for broke and is dangerous whilst he's still in the ring.

Permabanned
Wow, I was expecting such a KO would come late in the fight after Wilder struggled and lost several rounds. First-round KO; he clearly did better than Joshua vs Breazeale.

Joshua or Fury vs Wilder next, please!

Soldato
After 30 seconds you could see that coming. Let’s walk towards a huge puncher without any head movement, no footwork and no jab. Even Amir Khan does one of those when he’s dong the chicken dance!

Agree with what’s said previously Wilder goes for broke and takes risk which is why I think AJ or Fury would win a fight against him.

Soldato
Brezeales conditioning just didn’t look good enough and he’s very robotic.

Still, I doubt AJ would have got up from that. As Macklin said, it would have sparked a horse, let alone a man.
That’s the same punch that put fury on his arse - he got up.

I’d be surprised if AJ walked into it like Brezeales did never mind in the first round when he had hadn’t fatigued. Once Wilder had got all the religious stuff out of the way he came across quite well and talked sense with regards to Fury and AJ.

Caporegime

I’d be surprised if AJ walked into it like Brezeales did never mind in the first round when he had hadn’t fatigued. Once Wilder had got all the religious stuff out of the way he came across quite well and talked sense with regards to Fury and AJ.
Wilder was a lot heavier last night than when he fought Fury. He knocked Fury down twice at 212. He’d have put him to sleep at 223 imho.

Soldato

Scrap that it was a right left, however it wasn't as clean or powerful right as this K.O which was a little left then a full on clean right to the off switch on the chin! If wilder lands his right full power and clean aint nobody walking this planet that's getting up! lawl

Soldato
Can't get interested in any of these Heavyweight matchups in the next month just cash grabs against varying levels of bum.

Joshua V Wilder, Joshua V Fury, Fury V Wilder these are the only 3 fights in town worth sticking money down for. 2019 is just going to the 3 of them wasting everyones time.

Soldato
I think wilder stops AJ...
I've always felt the same. AJ is better in every way technically compared to Wilder but for me Wilder is faster and he has the right hand. That right hand is the great equaliser. However, as they say 'styles make fights' and Breazeale is no Joshua. He has always fought with his chin up in the air and used his face as blockade. I don't see AJ getting caught like DB did, he's too seasoned for that and keeps a good guard.

One thing I noticed is that DB has always been good at countering when he is on the back foot and in trouble and he managed to clip Wilder with one just before he got dropped. And I think AJ is fairly underrated when it comes to his counters.

AJ vs Wilder is a genuine 50/50 in my eyes. If only because Wilder has that punch. And because he is so unorthodox no one expects it despite the fact it's telegraphed and you can see him swinging it from the next state.

Soldato
AJ and Fury both beat Wilder in my eyes. Fury certainly already beat him, Ortiz was unlucky not to beat him and AJ would be too fast and defend better than both Ortiz and Breazeles. Course its one punch away from good night, but i feel AJ would land way more and have him wobbled and out in 6. Fury would just outbox him again and again and again with good defense.

Soldato
I've always felt the same. AJ is better in every way technically compared to Wilder but for me Wilder is faster and he has the right hand. That right hand is the great equaliser. However, as they say 'styles make fights' and Breazeale is no Joshua. He has always fought with his chin up in the air and used his face as blockade. I don't see AJ getting caught like DB did, he's too seasoned for that and keeps a good guard.

One thing I noticed is that DB has always been good at countering when he is on the back foot and in trouble and he managed to clip Wilder with one just before he got dropped. And I think AJ is fairly underrated when it comes to his counters.

AJ vs Wilder is a genuine 50/50 in my eyes. If only because Wilder has that punch. And because he is so unorthodox no one expects it despite the fact it's telegraphed and you can see him swinging it from the next state.
AJ's countering is the reason why i think he will win against Wilder. AJ can easily counter with a very heavy hand himself and I don't see Wilder surviving that just as much as I don't see AJ surviving if Wilder actually managed to land one of his big ones.

Back
Top Bottom