*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
As always with these things probably bit of both. Just hope this results breathes some life into the division and people fight each other instead of making excuses and blaming each other.

To be honest out of all of them I respect Wilder and Whyte the most. Least on the face of it they have backed up what thier position with reasoning.

Associate
I watched the fight, AJ looked gassed after round one he needs to improve his stamina big time. He was also too stiff and couldnt hold Ruiz off when he went after him.

Soldato
To clear things up I’ve watched Fury since his Hennessy ch 5 days. As I said his footwork is great, shoulder and head movement certainly the former is more for show then effectiveness compared to Floyd. It’s not that fury doesn’t throw punches like wilder etc. It’s the fact he doesn’t throw any meaningful punches and has no intention of ending a fight which is the reason why he leaves himself open to decisions like the wilder one. Let’s not forget this is a guy who hit himself in a ring!

Also the original claim was a great boxer which he isn’t. It’s easy to forget his first 2 comeback fights and the fights before klitch fight. Madison square garden arena against a cruiser weight for example. Have a watch back of that fight and still say he’s a great fighter.

@SS-89 just seen your earlier post comparing mayweather and fury :p take the Ricky Hatton finish by him could you honestly see fury doing that :p
:p:p

To be clear I wasnt saying fury is comparable to Mayweather just stating that criticising him for being a ducker and diver was similar criticism levied at Mayweather. I agree Mayweather had great hands too and a cracking counter punch.

Soldato
AJ is like the apple iphone of the boxing world. He's a pretty boy. Marketing and sponsorships.
He didn't look like he wanted to win, looked knackered to me.

His next fight will be telling.

Soldato
I think the Wilder Breazeale fight was playing heavy on AJ's mind and he went out there looking for a fast spectacular finish, he was sloppy and seriously underestimated the threat that was in front of him!
This fight also confirmed that he doesn't have the greatest chin or shot resistance so his defence and boxing skill needs to improve if he is to regain his belts and not lose again!!

Soldato
Yeah, it's all down to money as said. Several different boxing organisations and they all want a slice via sanctioning fees. It's gotten so bad that a few organisations have several different versions (super, regular, interim, international...) for their belts in each division. And you may think that the "interim" belt is only for when the champ is injured or something, but most organisations allow it to float about while the champ is active! Just so they can squeeze even more money from boxers via sanctioning fees. Boxing is corrupt as hell.

Wow! knowing that and i can see why people are quite disillusioned with the whole thing. Surely it would make far more sense for the organisations to make the fights rather than the fighters themselves!?! (That's like a football team deciding who to play next! Lol!) Then maybe the division would naturally get stronger. I mean if Ruiz never got the chance he got last night, would he have ever??? Its a shame really as people want it to be more exciting but theres a group of guys who just seem to want to fight(Or not) each other and only allow a new guy into the fray every now and then. (Usually a guy who'll be expected to lose..)

Soldato
Sorry didn't see another thread on this. But wow im in shock. Hats off to Ruiz, he did what he had to do, but talk about one of the biggest upsets in heavyweight history.

It's in the boxing thread, should really change the title it's a spoiler. Some may not have watched it yet and think a computer forum is ok to look at safely

Back
Top Bottom