*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Good grief you are pathetic. Stop talking nonsense.

Great fight by Ruiz. One of the HW nice guys.

AJ was way below his normal level. The rematch should be another great fight but Ruiz has shown his worth and AJ has some serious work to do to convince he deserves the belts back.[/QUOTE

Personal attack me all you like.

Facts are

I said AJ was overrated a while ago.
I said AJ looked slow stiff and gassed in the public workout

This is my opinion

He got battered by Andy and the reason I think is due to his lack of peds... even is body shape didn't look as good as it usually does.

Permabanned
Wow! knowing that and i can see why people are quite disillusioned with the whole thing. Surely it would make far more sense for the organisations to make the fights rather than the fighters themselves!?! (That's like a football team deciding who to play next! Lol!) Then maybe the division would naturally get stronger. I mean if Ruiz never got the chance he got last night, would he have ever??? Its a shame really as people want it to be more exciting but theres a group of guys who just seem to want to fight(Or not) each other and only allow a new guy into the fray every now and then. (Usually a guy who'll be expected to lose..)

The organisations do occasionally mandate fights against people who are ranked highly with a specific organisation, but the #1 contender isn't always the best due to politics, favouritism, etc. They allow belt unifications if the money is right of course, but if a champ from one organisation is seen as a clear favourite and is somehow disliked by another organisation, then the other organisation might not rank that favoured champ highly to allow their champ to duck (assuming that champ wants to duck, which happens too often sadly). And there's also the various broadcast platforms boxers are signed to that don't like to share money & spotlight with rival platforms. And don't even get me started on drugs... All of that has sucked a lot of life out of boxing.

I started watching boxing around 2000 and was pretty hardcore for several years, but nowadays I've indeed become very disillusioned and am effectively casual.

Last edited:

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Drugs have been around since the 90s though, remember evander holyfield. Before Tyson went to prison he was supposed to fight holyfield and then holyfield was thin as a rake, wouldn't have stood a chance.

Fast forward 4 years later and holyfield is strong as a tank and defeats Tyson.

Caporegime
Am I missing something? How did you come to the conclusion that Joshua was on PED's?!?

He's gotta be one of the most tested athletes on the planet hasn't he?

Because the sport (and most other combat sports) is absolutely riddled with them. It's too easy to get around it, with fighters continuing to seek new concoctions of drugs that are more difficult to test for.

Soldato
This will have rattled AJ to the core, he knows that if he gets clipped his legs are gone under him, he also knows he gases quickly. I'm still struggling to understand how he couldn't simply keep Ruiz at bay with his jab, he had a huge reach and height advantage. It's like he'd completely forgotten how to box.

Wilder doesn't have that worry since he knows he can't box anyway so doesn't even bother trying, he would simply come in all guns blazing and either get KO'd himself or finish Ruiz within 2/3 rounds. He's another one that really needs to be exposed soon.

Fury on the other hand would make 6'2 Ruiz look fairly amateur, he wouldn't be able to land a clean shot on 'no risk' Fury even if they fought 100 rounds. Well the division is wide open now, that's for sure. So many contrasting styles. I hope AJ comes back but this certainly won't be the only defeat on his record when he eventually retires.

Soldato
Fury on the other hand would make 6'2 Ruiz look fairly amateur, he wouldn't be able to land a clean shot on 'no risk' Fury even if they fought 100 rounds. Well the division is wide open now, that's for sure. So many contrasting styles. I hope AJ comes back but this certainly won't be the only defeat on his record when he eventually retires.

I have to agree, no matter how much of an AJ fan I am, I honestly couldn't see Ruiz doing that to Fury in a million years..

Soldato
I think AJ has taken his eye off the ball a bit recently. I can't remember which fight it was but there was a recent Joshua fight where there were lots of rumours in the build-up that things weren't right in his camp, and I noticed he looked a bit scruffier and more unkempt in some of the press conferences. I think maybe he's taken his foot off the gas a bit at times and I definitely think he underestimated Ruiz.

However, I do think people are overreacting to this loss. Joshua got wild and abandoned the gameplan in an attempt to get Ruiz out of there after he knocked him down in the third. He started wildly trading with Ruiz and that's when he got caught with a big punch that he never really recovered from. The same thing happened against Whyte in their first fight, except that he was able to recover against Whyte. Imo this loss will be a good thing for Joshua, it will refocus him and make him realise that he can't coast by against fighters who aren't Wilder or Fury.

Back
Top Bottom