*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
People are acting like Fury is steps ahead of everyone. He beat a fantastic fighter in Klitshcko but other than him his only other notable name is Wilder (who himself has beat who... Stivirne and an old Ortiz).

Fury vs Joshua is a much closer fight than you guys are making it out to be. Wilder only ever had a punchers chance against Fury (or anyone). Comparing AJ to Wilder is ridiculous as AJ has actual boxing skills.

Transmission breaker
Don
People are acting like Fury is steps ahead of everyone. He beat a fantastic fighter in Klitshcko but other than him his only other notable name is Wilder (who himself has beat who... Stivirne and an old Ortiz).

Fury vs Joshua is a much closer fight than you guys are making it out to be. Wilder only ever had a punchers chance against Fury (or anyone). Comparing AJ to Wilder is ridiculous as AJ has actual boxing skills.

No one is denying AJ can box, but does he have the tools to handle a prime Fury? He can't move the same way, and is going to struggle to handle the slickness Fury brings.

Soldato
would AJ of got up from "that" wilder punch

hell no, he dont have the chin like fury does

fury has far superior movement and ring craft than AJ he would win on points convincingly if he didnt knock AJ out in the later rounds when AJ is gassed.

Fury has an engine AJ doesnt

Transmission breaker
Don
let's see Fury in there with him first. Fury's size can and will be a huge problem but you're acting like it's a foreign conclusion

Honestly, I like them both, but I really can't see AJ winning.

It's a great discussion to be having, and I am really glad we can be arguing about the outcome of this fight. Bring on the fight!

Soldato
Honestly, I like them both, but I really can't see AJ winning.

It's a great discussion to be having, and I am really glad we can be arguing about the outcome of this fight. Bring on the fight!

no issue with saying one beats the other. It's the "lol so easy" comments which are clearly people on the fury hype juice. I think it's a genuine 50:50.

Soldato
AJ is the only one out there to really test Fury, no one else imo comes close. It's the genuine world number 1 vs number 2, it has to happen next.

Fury is favourite, he has more advantages: size, stamina, boxing ability, ring IQ. AJ however has power. The fact he's also a decent boxer and is a huge lump himself means it's interesting. Plus AJ has only really struggled against guys who are smaller than him, Takam, Ruiz etc. He's an accurate puncher and Fury is a huge target, a case can certainly be made but I'd have Fury down as the favourite, it's a 60:40 fight for me.

Soldato
would AJ of got up from "that" wilder punc

would AJ have been dropped by Steve Cunningham, a career cruiserweight?

hell no, he dont have the chin like fury does

Got it. Getting dropped by Wlad, with one of the hardest straight rights in heavyweight means he doesn't have a chin as strong as someone who got dropped by a cruiserweight. OK.

fury has far superior movement and ring craft than AJ he would win on points convincingly if he didnt knock AJ out in the later rounds when AJ is gassed.

Fury has an engine AJ doesnt

We saw him go 12 against Ruiz in the rematch and he looked pretty fine today. Are we basing this off his fight in 2017?

Soldato
would AJ have been dropped by Steve Cunningham, a career cruiserweight?

Got it. Getting dropped by Wlad, with one of the hardest straight rights in heavyweight means he doesn't have a chin as strong as someone who got dropped by a cruiserweight. OK.

We saw him go 12 against Ruiz in the rematch and he looked pretty fine today. Are we basing this off his fight in 2017?

he went 12 rounds with an overweight burger eating machine

Back
Top Bottom