*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Caporegime
It's crazy that footballers can't bet on any football match, whether it involves them or not but a boxers coach can bet on their own fighter. I think it might have been Carl Froch that once said he was practically holding the opposition fighter up because his brother(?) bet on the fight ending in the next round.
But the boxer can’t bet on his match. Are football coaches banned from betting too?

Don
But the boxer can’t bet on his match. Are football coaches banned from betting too?
Yep, players, managers and 'club staff' (I assume this just covers coaches & directors rather than stewards etc) are banned from betting on any football matter worldwide.

Mikel Arteta would receive a ban if he bet on a 4th division match in Peru but a boxing trainer can bet on his own fighter. Forget the possibility of the trainer betting on his fighter winning in a certain round and the potential for underhand tactics there, the trainer could bet on his fighter losing in a certain round and could throw the towel in to win himself a bet.

Soldato
Personally I've never liked Kelly and I thought he would lose but he lost in a worse manner than I thought he would.

David walked him down and other than that one stumble in round 2 (or 3) he never looked like he was in trouble.

Kelly is all flash no substance. He tries to fight like Prince Naseem, with his hands down, but unlike Kelly, Naseem could bang and put people to sleep.

He then tries to emulate the real Pretty Boy, Floyd (and Whittaker), with the Philly Shell and all the punches get through.

I know it's a style of Adam Booth fighters - Haye and Groves fought the same - but Kelly focussed too much on trying to look impressive rather than actually being effective.

long way back for Kelly. I think even Connor Benn beats him at this point in time

Caporegime
Bruno vs Tyson documentary's on Sky tonight from 9pm.

Edit: It's mainly a documentary about Bruno trying to win a world title, very little about their two fights. Bit disappointing tbh.

Last edited:
Soldato
Saunders will get his arse handed to him in that fight, doesn't have the power to stop Canelo and doesn't have the skills to beat him over 12 rounds.

and very happy I'll be to see it :D he makes Khan look like Frank Bruno in the popularity stakes with British fight fans.

Soldato
Nice little heavy-bag session for Canelo last night.

I don't see Canelo having any problems at all with BJS. Funnily enough I think Khan gave Canelo the most problems of any UK fighter... Until Khan forgot that he was Khan and decided to trade with him.

Soldato
Very sad news. Only lost to Sugar Ray (which was debatable) out of the 4 kings and one of the longest champion reigns in the sport.

"If they cut my bald head open, they will find one big boxing glove. It is all I am. I live it"

Soldato
Well here is a nice bit of news for a Monday after losing the legend that is Hagler...

Fury and Joshua have signed the contracts. It. Is. On!

Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury have signed a two-fight deal ahead of an undisputed world heavyweight title fight.

The British rivals have been locked in lengthy negotiations in recent months, but have now finally finalised terms for the blockbuster battle, with a date and venue to be confirmed.

Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn told Sky Sports: "All parties have now put pen to paper and we will be working hard over the next few weeks to confirm the site and date for the biggest fight in boxing."

source

Back
Top Bottom