*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Caporegime
Nah, that's a shocker. He had both hands up, he was able to defend himself and he wasn't unsteady on his feet. Got caught with a few good punches but nowhere near enough to stop it that early.

Edit: Shame Benn's an absolute **** like his father, really hope he gets properly ****ed up in a future fight.

Soldato
Agree it was a good stoppage. Vargas was getting hit flush with every shot. Ropes were holding him up. If he'd been smart he would have taken a knee. Impressed with the speed and accuracy.

Soldato
Yeah, I'm not against Benn vs Khan tbh.

I wonder how he'd get on against Broner who is pretty much the gatekeeper for world level right now. Not sure he's ready for it yet.

Soldato
I love his attitude as long as he can keep backing it up.

Yeah 2021 Khan is barely a shadow of his former self. Prime for Prime? (whatever Benn's Prime is yet) but I think people forget how good Khan actually was

Soldato
Oh they are actually talking about Benn vs Broner... I'd like to see it but Broner despite being a bit of a figure of ridicule is bloody tough. As I said for me he's pretty much the gatekeeper at world level atm. If you can hang with Broner you're ready to take on the bigger names imo. Having said that, I wouldn't lump Porter in with him like they did Porter is way ahead of Broner imo.

Soldato
To be fair it makes no sense for Khan to take that fight

I just want Khan vs Brook and then both can sail off into retirement. Nothing to gain from fighting a new young and hungry fighter.

Soldato
To be fair it makes no sense for Khan to take that fight

I just want Khan vs Brook and then both can sail off into retirement. Nothing to gain from fighting a new young and hungry fighter.

khan vs brook makes no more sense than khan vs benn does

NOne of them have a meaningful belt

Soldato
khan vs brook makes no more sense than khan vs benn does

NOne of them have a meaningful belt

Of course Khan v Brook makes more sense than Khan vs Benn. Granted Khan vs Brook should've happened 4/5 years ago but it makes more sense for those two, who are both clearly past their best, to fight as they're at the same stage in their careers and on the downside.

What benefit does Khan fighting Benn give to Khan? If he wins, then he just beat a prospect. If he loses - which there is a high chance he would (at this stage of his career) then he has lost to a prospect. Unless they'd be willing to pay him massively there is nothing to gain from fighting him.

Soldato
Of course Khan v Brook makes more sense than Khan vs Benn. Granted Khan vs Brook should've happened 4/5 years ago but it makes more sense for those two, who are both clearly past their best, to fight as they're at the same stage in their careers and on the downside.

What benefit does Khan fighting Benn give to Khan? If he wins, then he just beat a prospect. If he loses - which there is a high chance he would (at this stage of his career) then he has lost to a prospect. Unless they'd be willing to pay him massively there is nothing to gain from fighting him.

what does khan benefit beating kell brook?

Caporegime
I think Benn vs Khan could be an entertaining fight simply because they're both fast, can bang and have porcelain jaws.

Benn does look to have improved but lets not forget he was knocked down twice by the feather fisted Peynaud a few years ago. His fights since have been tailor made against people who haven't stood a chance of touching him, let alone knocking him down if they did catch him.

Back
Top Bottom