*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

The whole thing was just embarrassing -
  • Snoop just swearing and shout as a "commentator" - Firing out the "N" word like it's nothing.
  • Asken looking like he'd done ZERO training/conditioning for the fight and literally was there for the payday.
  • Paul jumping around at the end like he's just beaten Mayweather
  • Honestly can't tell me that Paul has a 3-0 "professional" record - He's won 3 bouts against nobodies - It's not professional boxing at all. It's celebrities playing in a boxing ring at best.
Pathetic stuff - Put Paul in against a proper boxer and he would get layed out - Not even a decent top end fighter - some journeyman would do a number on him.

Awful

Embarrassing how bad Askren's hands are considering he's had a pro career in combat sports. Literally looked like he's never hit pads in his life.

Not to mention the condition he came into the fight in. Joke of a fight.

The worst thing of all was without a doubt the 'commentary' - abysmal.

Last edited:
The whole thing was just embarrassing -
  • Snoop just swearing and shout as a "commentator" - Firing out the "N" word like it's nothing.
  • Asken looking like he'd done ZERO training/conditioning for the fight and literally was there for the payday.
  • Paul jumping around at the end like he's just beaten Mayweather
  • Honestly can't tell me that Paul has a 3-0 "professional" record - He's won 3 bouts against nobodies - It's not professional boxing at all. It's celebrities playing in a boxing ring at best.
Pathetic stuff - Put Paul in against a proper boxer and he would get layed out - Not even a decent top end fighter - some journeyman would do a number on him.

Awful

They aren't even nobodies in boxing. One was a youtuber and the other a basketball player. These are fights that shouldn't be allowed to go ahead in the first place then to have concerts every 10 minutes made a mockery of the sport.

I'd love him to go up against someone like Canelo just for a laugh.

Horrible when people are talking about this farce in the boxing section when a Brit had a good go at winning a legitimate world championship last night, and there’s not one mention.
That was a decent fight, Andrade is a horrible guy to fight just spent the whole time spoiling and hugging while the ref did nothing. Williams played into his hands though chasing him round the ring and constantly walking on to Andrades punches coming in.

DAZN is good value signed up last night, £1.99 a month and will get the Canelo V BJS fight in a few weeks.

They aren't even nobodies in boxing. One was a youtuber and the other a basketball player. These are fights that shouldn't be allowed to go ahead in the first place then to have concerts every 10 minutes made a mockery of the sport.

I'd love him to go up against someone like Canelo just for a laugh.

Totally agree with you, I just put myself through this joke event, wish I hadn't. It was a music concert with some pretend boxing style event thrown in the middle.

Yup should be no more talk of joke exhibition fights in this thread.

Looking forward to the Canelo vs bjs fight! Hoping Canelo hands a whooping to him, although can't say I particularly like either fighter :p

Embarrassing how bad Askren's hands are considering he's had a pro career in combat sports. Literally looked like he's never hit pads in his life.

Not to mention the condition he came into the fight in. Joke of a fight.

The worst thing of all was without a doubt the 'commentary' - abysmal.

Yea, I agree. I had to turn off Snoop (what a sell out that guy is these days) for the swearing.

I lost money as I thought Askren might have TRIED to box. He went in to the fight like he does his MMA fights, were he keeps his hands down hoping the opponent punches so he can shoot for a take down.

I could have done a better job.

Yea, I agree. I had to turn off Snoop (what a sell out that guy is these days) for the swearing.

I lost money as I thought Askren might have TRIED to box. He went in to the fight like he does his MMA fights, were he keeps his hands down hoping the opponent punches so he can shoot for a take down.

I could have done a better job.

How about De La Hoya coked off his head :p

Favourite quote was "I will go down until the end". Not sure what that even means :p

So Matchroom are leaving Sky Sports to go fully with DAZN.

I quite like the DAZN app so I'm not too bothered but naturally it means it's going to go up in price and I bet Sky Sports doesn't go down

Yup should be no more talk of joke exhibition fights in this thread.

Looking forward to the Canelo vs bjs fight! Hoping Canelo hands a whooping to him, although can't say I particularly like either fighter :p

Yeh can't say unlike bjs, arrogant ****. Hope he gets a kicking.

So Matchroom are leaving Sky Sports to go fully with DAZN.

I quite like the DAZN app so I'm not too bothered but naturally it means it's going to go up in price and I bet Sky Sports doesn't go down
Yeah could see this coming as Eddie is big in with DAZN.

Doesn't include Joshua though his contract is directly with Sky I believe.

That £1.99 is month is going for a Burton come July though!

Yeah could see this coming as Eddie is big in with DAZN.

Doesn't include Joshua though his contract is directly with Sky I believe.

That £1.99 is month is going for a Burton come July though!

Yeah Joshua has at least 1 more fight with Sky but after that I see him wanting some of that Canelo money

£9.99 a month minimum imo.

It's $8.99 isn't it? or it was at the start. I don't mind paying £5-£7

Forgot about the boxing tonight but guess it's yet another Hearn promotion? The decisions his fighters have got this year have been some of the worst I've ever seen so wouldn't surprise me if this was another. He's an embarrassment to British boxing.

Back
Top Bottom