*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Associate
Looks like Fury is now being forced to fight Wilder… what a mess.

**** I hope Wilder knocks him clean out in round 1. Then see how they sort this mess of a division out. Fury is a joke, he's a cancerous twitter social media fighter that is about as inactive as a fighter can be. You can always call yourself out as being unbeaten if you never actually fight anyone. Not fighting often and in his prime will catch him out soon enough and then it will be his excuse too. I hate that he's drawing AJ down to his level but AJ has every right to abuse him, they must have known this was going to happen.

The whole Fury AJ fight build up has highlighted how poor a division it is. Before negotiations even started it was a 2 fight deal. That's balls, fight and if you lose go fight other people to earn your second shot. Have a re-match straight away if the result was a draw or controversial. But no they want 100m each guaranteed despite there not being a legitimate market for it. I swear this is just stalling to rinse it more when fans can fill a uk stadium.

Soldato
Fury and his team, especially Arum, look like a bunch of idiots because of all of this. Arum as a lawyer should've known there was a chance the arbitration wouldn't go his way - and the fact he had a stadium already booked for July suggests he did know but didn't notify AJs team - rather than drag it out and then 24 hours after Fury says the fight is on it all falls though.

If I was Hearn and AJ I'd be furious with team Fury. It's not like they haven't got a history of announcing fights and then pulling out of them, remember seeing this event?

Wilder has done nothing wrong, in my opinion. If he was contracted to have a rematch then it's just Fury doing his usual antics and not honouring what he agreed to.

Ignoring all the commendable things he has done for mental health, I've no idea why some boxing fans put Fury, the boxer, on a pedestal. For all he calls AJ a hype job, he is literally nothing but hype.

Soldato
I said all a long Fury had NO intention of fighting AJ - he doesn't want that smoke.. He was all negative putting obstacles in the way and then all of a sudden changed his tune (he was told he would lose the court case) and all for the fight knowing full well he had the ultimate get out clause and to promote his social media antics...

Soldato
I said all a long Fury had NO intention of fighting AJ - he doesn't want that smoke.. He was all negative putting obstacles in the way and then all of a sudden changed his tune (he was told he would lose the court case) and all for the fight knowing full well he had the ultimate get out clause and to promote his social media antics...
I'm over it. Fury will always be someone who had great potential but refused to actually show it. He has 2 good wins. Wlad and Wilder and we don't even know how good Wilder is as he never fought anyone with a pulse. He has to do a lot more to prove he is the #1 in the division as he keeps parroting and his fanboys repeat. Fury and I have something in common. We both have the same amount of world title defences. Let that sink in.

And the boxing gods have just blessed us with Pacquiao vs Spence. It's not a prime Crawford vs Spence but I'm looking forward to this

if Manny can win that, and it's a big if, he has to be in the conversation for one of the greatest of all times. I'm certainly going to be rooting for him. Beat Spence and ride out into the sunset as one of the greatest ever. SRL, Hearns, Whittaker, Mayweather and Hamed are my favourite fighters but there is no denying Manny would have one of the most impressive careers of all time.

Last edited:
Associate
He doesn't even get the irony of calling someone a big dosser. If there's a more valid use of that tag than himself then I need to hear it. Idle, lazy. Yep that's him. They glossed of his hatred and bigotry after his 'mental health issues' but he's just gone back to his real character of hatred. Clearly didn't actual go to any self compassion based therapy :cry:

Associate
Josh Taylor gets it done, it was pretty decent fight that felt like it could swing either way in the early rounds. The knockdowns pretty much cemented the win and allowed Taylor to ride the rest of the fight out. It was quite funny how quickly ESPN switched over to Basketball after the fight was over, there wasn't even any post fight interviews or analysis :D.

Soldato
Really annoying that none of the uk broadcasters showed the taylor fight the dudes made boxing history and it wasnt even shown

yet a meaningless chisora vs parker gets shown on ppv

shows the problem with boxing in the uk if you aint a heavyweight then forget it

Soldato
Great work by Taylor he is a really special talent.

as you say it's a shame he isn't being shouted from the rooftops as he's just made history but for us boxing fans, we have to be pleased with him

Soldato
Is he? I don't follow him but curious what he has done?

An alleged Twitter exchange between he and I think it was Eddie Chambers where AJ wrote something along the lines of "superior black race" or something

he claims he was hacked but we'll never know. He hasn't outright said stuff like Tyson though

Soldato
Soldato
Didnt he also tell people not to buy from white owned shops when black lives matters movement kicked off

*edit*
Yes he did

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2020/06/08/anthony-joshua-racism-row-boycott/

That's not exactly what he said though. He never said the words "don't buy from white owned shops"

AJ said:
“We must not use a demonstration for selfish motives and turn it into rioting and looting. We need to be united in the non-violent demonstrations, show them where it hurts. “Abstain from spending your money in their shops, and spend in economies that invest in black businesses. And that’s for all communities if you want to uplift yourself. Invest in your own businesses,”

There is nothing to suggest a white shop owner couldn't invest into a black community and vice versa. He even says that it is for all communities and what he said does make sense. It's better to invest in a local company than it would be to invest in a company who would take that communities wealth and invest elsewhere.

People got upset with what they thought he said and not what he actually said.

Soldato
That's not exactly what he said though. He never said the words "don't buy from white owned shops"

There is nothing to suggest a white shop owner couldn't invest into a black community and vice versa. He even says that it is for all communities and what he said does make sense. It's better to invest in a local company than it would be to invest in a company who would take that communities wealth and invest elsewhere.

People got upset with what they thought he said and not what he actually said.

Correct but he said if they dont invest in black communities dont buy from them

hardly any better

Soldato
Correct but he said if they dont invest in black communities dont buy from them

hardly any better

It's hardly an awful statement given the context. Putting the race angle to the side as communities can be, and often are, made up of many different religions and races. If you want to uplift a community who are poor it's better to spend your money at a place that is directly in the community rather than buy something from a faceless corporation like Amazon/Tesco who take money away from the community. At least when your spending money within a community it can circulate within that area for a while.

AJ said:
And that’s for all communities if you want to uplift yourself. Invest in your own businesses,”

This line should be obvious it's not a "don't shop at white owned shop" thing. People have just heard what they've wanted to hear opposed to the actual words he used. Regardless, I agree with the point he was making. If you're living in an impoverished area the best thing you can do is support local businesses within that area because when they do better and the area becomes more successful, everyone wins.

Associate

Nonsense. He doesn't want 100+ million payday, okay mate. Eddie Hearn said Arum was shocked the court ruled against them. It was way way past the contract cut off date to make the trilogy match.

Soldato
Nonsense. He doesn't want 100+ million payday, okay mate. Eddie Hearn said Arum was shocked the court ruled against them. It was way way past the contract cut off date to make the trilogy match.

I'm calling it now. Wilder vs Usyk for all the belts in December and we never get Aj Fury. Such is the way boxing works

Back
Top Bottom