*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
i knew AJ would lose, Usyk went easy on him too.
AJ should refund all fans who attended for that terrible fight.

he cant deal with a mover and someone with a few shot combo.
he gassed out too.

eddie says AJ was winning after 8 rounds yeh ok.
Since AJ was made redundant last night, boris should write him a letter to encourage him to gain his class 1 licence and save Christmas

Soldato
I think Usyk can win on points by out boxing AJ easily, but won't because there is no way they will give him that decision. So very interesting to see how the outcome is decided. Usyk can even stop AJ I think.

Just quote myself to be an absolute smug bell ***. What do we think of the rematch?

End of the line for AJ if he really takes it next. But AJ can't be slandered, he has done amazing for British boxing for the last decade, pretty much brought boxing to the masses let's be honest. He has been a really professional champion too so there is no discredit there. But it's clear, he is not on the same level as Usyk and most definitely Tyson Fury.

Soldato
When Fury schools Wilder for the third time AJ vs Wilder would be an interesting fight. Not the best technically in the world but bags of power.

it would basically play like Rocky 4, two geesers in the ring, no technique, just stand and bang until one of them can't get back up. Would 100% be a career ender for one of them.

Soldato
It is crazy how quiet the media have been around this. I totally forgot this fight was happening and had to Google to get a result. Almost like they are trying to sweep it under the carpet.

I am sure if Fury lost it would be all over the headlines.
Thats what happens when you have a **** promoter... Eddie Hearn might love the $$$ but he knows how to promote stuff

Soldato
It is crazy how quiet the media have been around this. I totally forgot this fight was happening and had to Google to get a result. Almost like they are trying to sweep it under the carpet.

I am sure if Fury lost it would be all over the headlines.

It was covered by the news as normal i thought, it was on national TV news a couple of days before the fight and the day after.

But its one of those things, its a 20 seconds section on the news so blink and you miss it.

Dont forget Wilder VS Fury 3 in less than 2 weeks now i think.

Don
I think people are going a bit OTT regarding the demise of AJ and how he has no chance in the rematch vs Usyk. Usyk won the fight comfortably however you only have to look back to the Chisora fight to see how AJ will have a chance in the rematch and should have put up a better fight in the first fight. For a lot of the fight vs Chisora, Usyk looked very uncomfortable, struggling with Chisora's size and although he was probably doing enough to win the rounds, it wasn't easy. Even vs Bellew at cruiserweight, Usyk struggled in the early rounds when Bellew really went after him - iinm Bellew was up on the cards when the knockdown came.

To me it doesn't seem like AJ has recovered mentally from the first Ruiz fight. Pre-Ruiz, AJ would have jumped on Usyk and looked to take him out early, even if it meant leaving himself exposed but since the Ruiz defeat he's been a lot more cautious in his approach - against a lot of fighters he's good enough to win that way but vs Usyk (and Fury) he's going to struggle. If and it's a big if, he can overcome that mental scar then I could see him winning a rematch.

Soldato
If AJ goes for the stoppage, which is the only way he can beat Usyk now, he will have to slightly increase weight and then explode from round 1. Great if it works but Usyk is elite and its still nails to get a clean accurate shot on him to stop him.

High risk strategy for AJ who clearly has massive drop offs in energy during fights. He won't maintain the pace required if he doesn't get Usyk early. Then if Usyk survives he will just stop AJ mid fight. Around 5 to 7 rounds.

I mean he can beat Usyk that way but it's very high risk and most likely won't work. I'm not an AJ hater but he will have to fight Usyk 100 times to beat him once.

Soldato
Best he can do is just load up on body shots to hopefully slow usyk down, then stop him. But I just don't think AJ has the gas tank to do it against someone with elite movement. He will only get stopped because Usyk will just exhaust him then knock him out.

Permabanned
Just quote myself to be an absolute smug bell ***. What do we think of the rematch?

End of the line for AJ if he really takes it next. But AJ can't be slandered, he has done amazing for British boxing for the last decade, pretty much brought boxing to the masses let's be honest. He has been a really professional champion too so there is no discredit there. But it's clear, he is not on the same level as Usyk and most definitely Tyson Fury.
So you were half right but what about the dodgy decision?

Back
Top Bottom