*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Of course it is. The octagon is his sport. Not boxing. If either of them went into the a fight under MMA rules I’d expect the opposite to happen. That isn’t rocket science.

But they’re, or at least AJ, isn’t making wild claims that he could step into a fight under MMA rules and hold his own against their elite.

It was a boxing match and people got carried award with Francis’ success against fury and his story and thought he could just dominate in a new sport.

These are people who practice and only practice punching and defending punching.

I just take an issue with how suddenly everyone wants to change their tune
The only thing what is wrong about people saying AJ earn fighting the best after beating MMA fighter..

Last edited:
Those right hands should never have been connecting so cleanly, wouldn’t have against an actual boxer. Just straight down the pipe with zero resistance, could have been punching me at that point.

Can’t see Francis being the same after that, he’s 37 officially, probably older. Wouldn’t be surprised if he gets koed in his next mma fight.

Anyhow at least the man got paid, better than fighting for reebok coupons with the UFC.

Ref gave it his best:

rocky-iv-dolph-lundgren.gif

That's a high risk fight that could kill Joshua vs Fury (or at least take the shine off it in a big way).

Not sure what AJ does for the next 12 months. Take a leaf out of Fury's book and have a run out against his mate Chisora?
That's exactly why is should be made! His last few fights were against B level guys safe fights I guess Ruiz knocked the fight out of him lol

I feel like Ngannou went into the fight vs Fury and played to his strengths and lack of pure boxing skills while Fury underestimated him. He was fighting more on instinct than training.

I think he trained more to be a boxer for the Joshua fight but 5 months of boxing training isn't going to get you very far. He probably underestimated Joshua and Joshua likely didn't underestimate him. I think that training could perhaps have gone against him honestly.

When you are a relative novice in a sport there is sometimes a point where instinct allow you to perform better than training because your attempt at proper technique is so clunky and requires so much concentration that you are worse for it. The same reason why some very good sports people have very questionable technique but it kind of works for them and if they were to try and correct it they would simply drop levels for a long time until they got back to where they are with their somewhat janky technique.

Ultimately Joshua schooled him and it will be interesting to see where Ngannou goes from here. Hes fought 2 of the highest rated boxers of this current crop in his first 2 fights and made a fortune. Retire?

I feel like Ngannou went into the fight vs Fury and played to his strengths and lack of pure boxing skills while Fury underestimated him. He was fighting more on instinct than training.

I think he trained more to be a boxer for the Joshua fight but 5 months of boxing training isn't going to get you very far. He probably underestimated Joshua and Joshua likely didn't underestimate him. I think that training could perhaps have gone against him honestly.

When you are a relative novice in a sport there is sometimes a point where instinct allow you to perform better than training because your attempt at proper technique is so clunky and requires so much concentration that you are worse for it. The same reason why some very good sports people have very questionable technique but it kind of works for them and if they were to try and correct it they would simply drop levels for a long time until they got back to where they are with their somewhat janky technique.

Ultimately Joshua schooled him and it will be interesting to see where Ngannou goes from here. Hes fought 2 of the highest rated boxers of this current crop in his first 2 fights and made a fortune. Retire?

What it boils down to is Nagannou should have had 10+ pro boxing matches before fighting elite boxers.

His defence is not good enough for elite boxing.

Back
Top Bottom