*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Associate
Pretty sad state of affairs that he's being coaxed back into the ring, I don't even see how this can possibly be sanctioned as a professional bout, surely it will go down as an exhibition fight with no judges, bigger gloves etc.

Then again, Ngannou went in there with zero experience against a champion, lost, still got ranked in the top 10 and managed a second fight against one of the other top ranked fighters, trying to make sense of this circus these days is pointless.

I would expect Tyson to be dangerous for a few minutes, or maybe small pockets of the rounds, then be absolutely spent if it turns into a proper fight, who knows how it goes after that.

Soldato
Pretty sad state of affairs that he's being coaxed back into the ring, I don't even see how this can possibly be sanctioned as a professional bout, surely it will go down as an exhibition fight with no judges, bigger gloves etc.

Then again, Ngannou went in there with zero experience against a champion, lost, still got ranked in the top 10 and managed a second fight against one of the other top ranked fighters, trying to make sense of this circus these days is pointless.

I would expect Tyson to be dangerous for a few minutes, or maybe small pockets of the rounds, then be absolutely spent if it turns into a proper fight, who knows how it goes after that.
I'm waiting for Boxing tag teams.

That was meant to be a joke (a bad one I know)... but all of a sudden I'm realising it wouldn't surprise me if this was a thing in a couple of years!

Oh my days.

Soldato
The state of boxing today, It's just pathetic at this point.
If it was not for Junglist even this thread would be dead. :p

There's still decent fights being made it's just there's also a lot of noise around it all and politics, or worse egos, ruining the fights that should be made. There needs to be a world wide governing body. I mean I know even in other sports governing bodies aren't exactly a fantastic solution but it's just nuts that fights between genuine world class opposition can't get made because the promotors don't like each other, the fighters can't agree on purse splits or who walks out first.

Imagine if in a CL final it didn't go ahead because the teams could agree on terms. Shocking.

Sums up boxing at the moment.

It's in Texas. The same place that has just given Dillian Whyte a boxing license despite him living in Portugal and never having a fight there. Sanctioning bodies and ethics don't really go hand in hand.

Though I refuse to believe this is going to be an actual bout and like you say, pure exhibition with pillow gloves. If this goes ahead as a proper fight I hope no one watches it. I wont be watching it even as a freakshow.

You've even got doctors saying Mike's health is at serious risk if he steps back in the ring. The human head isn't supposed to get punched at all. Not bad when you're young but when you're old and already weathered, this fight shouldn't be happening and if someone gets seriously hurt I hope who ever sanctioned this fight gets in trouble, they wont though.
I'm waiting for Boxing tag teams.

That was meant to be a joke (a bad one I know)... but all of a sudden I'm realising it wouldn't surprise me if this was a thing in a couple of years!

Oh my days.
Mis-Fits already did it! (hate to admit but it was quite funny and amusing to watch... But boxing is an entertainment business so I enjoyed it)

Soldato
Not sure why the hype with Mike Tyson lately. Seems people have forgotten that Mike raped a woman and was jailed.

Did he ever got cleared for the rape?

Strange.

Soldato
Looks like Wilder vs Zhang is happening in June,someone's getting knocked out
Wilder ain't seeing the final bell in that match, he was gun shy and looked shot against the relatively feather fisted Parker if Zhang connects on him in the first few rounds it's goodnight.

Best way of winning would be stretching Zhangs dodgy gas tank into the 2nd half of the fight.

Decent matchup though, one I'd watch which is better than most fights we get these days!

Associate
Wilder ain't seeing the final bell in that match, he was gun shy and looked shot against the relatively feather fisted Parker if Zhang connects on him in the first few rounds it's goodnight.

Best way of winning would be stretching Zhangs dodgy gas tank into the 2nd half of the fight.

Decent matchup though, one I'd watch which is better than most fights we get these days!
This will be interesting who land big shot first?

Soldato
Half decent DAZN card tonight. Campbell Hatton in his toughest fight to date. He's been well developed but I'm not sure he's really got it. I have him down a round through 5 but its a close one. Suspect he will rely on engine vs skill and power

Soldato
I remember when he first started fighting on Sky their overhyping of him was insane cos of his surname. Seem to remember he had to get a dodgy decision to win against some bin man early on and the expectations were a bit cooled off after that!

Needs to speak to the guy Conor Benn buys eggs from ;)

Soldato
Not sure why the hype with Mike Tyson lately. Seems people have forgotten that Mike raped a woman and was jailed.

Did he ever got cleared for the rape?

Strange.
The hype is that he was a troubled child brought up in a dysfunctional 'family'. A rags to riches and back to (sort of) rags story. Not to mention how he was in the ring, even if he struggled against the elite. His troubles outside of the ring add to story. Obviously that doesn't excuse the rape.

People like all sorts of nasty people, look at politics...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom