*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Yeah I can put up with the crap atmosphere as at least we are getting regular good fights now.

Money talks.

But wow Wilder, surely he did not need that payday. His heart, body and soul is not in it anymore. He's a broken man since the two fury fights. He's destroying his own legacy. 5 defeats in last 6 is it ?

Soldato
I had Hrgovic beating Dubois, I thought that he'd be too big and have too much power for Dubois, but was happy for Dubois to get the stoppage - he looks like he's really improved, really looking forward to seeing more of Dubois, great performance and seems to take the pain a lot better than before.

I had Zhang knocking Wilder out - my god, Wilder looked AWFUL, really bad performance - just nothing on display; no power, no inside work, no defence, no effective jab, no decent movement.. Zhang didn't look that great either so I wasn't surprised with the result.

Wilder is absolutely finished for me, I didn't think that much of Zhang either.

Nick Ball was probably fight of the night, really good match up.

Soldato
Yeah I can put up with the crap atmosphere as at least we are getting regular good fights now.

Money talks.

But wow Wilder, surely he did not need that payday. His heart, body and soul is not in it anymore. He's a broken man since the two fury fights. He's destroying his own legacy. 5 defeats in last 6 is it ?

Wilder never had a legacy IMO. He let every opportunity to make his mark pass him by in his prime. Now he’s taking brain damage for money while heading towards 40.

Soldato
Well I had Wilder spot on, saw enough of him from the Parker fight to know he was done, Parkers far from a KO artist yet Wilder couldn't pull the trigger on him at all. Hard to really judge Wilders resume now in all honesty, apart from a dodgy draw against a barely fit Fury who did he ever beat? Couple of wins against pensioner Ortiz? One of those he was getting hammered in till he pulled a big one out!

Caporegime

Money talks.

he went a on a soul search and did ayahuasca once you go that route he aint the same. his fight against parker parker wasnt that good its just wilder was **** he has basically been found out how to be beaten since fury and too late to change. also i wish we got zhang in the heavyweights when he was like 30 as he would have dominated literally everyone and why most of the top people dodged him until now. class act. parker got lucky with him again only because hes 41. 5 ten years ago not a chance parker would be zhang.

Soldato
how on earth has Sheeraz got that much strength and power when he looks like he is in two weight classes under what he should be.
I worry for him when he faces the elite level, not sure his power is anything out the ordinary, he tends to grind away and break opponents down slowly - or at least this opponent. He doesn't really come across as a one punch KO artist, although I've only seen a few of his fights and this was his first real test I think. I wouldn't mind seeing him vs Eubank Jr.

Soldato
I really enjoyed that card and the concept. Would like to see another 5v5 evening be it promoters or nations with even 50:50 fights down the card.

I am delighted with how DDD has come on the last few years. Kind of forget how young he is at times.

Soldato
He reminds me a Joe Joyce a little, just uses his face to absorb the shots!

That's how I thought of him at the weekend.
I am delighted with how DDD has come on the last few years. Kind of forget how young he is at times.
The lad has shown something but AJ will beat him easily I feel. Hergovic basically let himself get hit at will and didn't possess the power to discourage DD. AJ has the power and the smarts to pick him apart and ko him. It's a fight I'd watch but I don't think it holds any jeopardy for Joshua. It's as good a route to becoming a 3 time champion as he could dream of.

Back
Top Bottom