*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Just saw the Wilder highlights. He just looked lost and deer in headlights most of the time. How he held the title for that long is beyond me but his fights were carefully crafted for so long to give him all those Ws before he lost. Fury trilogy just made him lose all his confidence.

The lad has shown something but AJ will beat him easily I feel. Hergovic basically let himself get hit at will and didn't possess the power to discourage DD. AJ has the power and the smarts to pick him apart and ko him. It's a fight I'd watch but I don't think it holds any jeopardy for Joshua. It's as good a route to becoming a 3 time champion as he could dream of.
Agree AJ is levels above and will pose no threat from dirty DD, his defence is practically none existent this display was all brawn and no brains, I don't rate him at all.

Last edited:
The lad has shown something but AJ will beat him easily I feel. Hergovic basically let himself get hit at will and didn't possess the power to discourage DD. AJ has the power and the smarts to pick him apart and ko him. It's a fight I'd watch but I don't think it holds any jeopardy for Joshua. It's as good a route to becoming a 3 time champion as he could dream of.

Oh yeah, you'd have to have AJ as a favourite over DD but he is coming on well. He also has age on his side he can just keep taking some good solid challenges and when the current crop of top heavyweights retire, he'll be right up there.

Just saw the How he held the title for that long is beyond me

Quite easy to hold the belt hostage that long when the WBC feel like they don't want to put any mandatory shots on you - I could be wrong but his first mandatory defence was agaisnt the same person, Stirvine, that he won the belt against whilst it was vacant. As soon as he stepped up in competition he was found out. He almost got stopped the first fight with ancient PBC 'Boogeyman' Luis Ortiz until the doctor stepped in for some weird reason giving him some good time to recover. Each and every time he stepped up he was found out.

It's actually remarkable how between himself and Fury that they conned so many people into thinking that they were at the top of the division and no one else mattered.

Saudi money has really exposed the lie.

Oh yeah, you'd have to have AJ as a favourite over DD but he is coming on well. He also has age on his side he can just keep taking some good solid challenges and when the current crop of top heavyweights retire, he'll be right up there.
I'm not convinced by DD. I can see Warren avoiding the AJ fight and getting DD to take a much easier defence or through him in with Parker. He would have a chance vs Parker but I'd still fancy Joe. Through DD in against any of the second tranche and I reckon he loses. I'm thinking Kabayel, Anderson, Zhang and maybe even Wardley or Bakole all give him a tough night. Credit to him for coming back from the bad injury and the Usyk defeat but the wins vs Miller and Hergovic are not to be over rated. If he gets the IBF strap and defends it then he will have made the most of the talent he has. Itauma is a much more interesting prospect as the next gen of British HEavyweights

If and I know it's a big if, but if this is true. I'm absolutely going. I said I wouldn't bother with another stadium fight after the Takam fight but I'll make an exception for this!
It's TOO good a card really. What's happening with boxing? The Saudi's aren't letting the promoters ring every last cent out of us with mediocre cards and fighters in perpetual avoidance mode.
Inoue fight in the UK would be special

It's TOO good a card really. What's happening with boxing? The Saudi's aren't letting the promoters ring every last cent out of us with mediocre cards and fighters in perpetual avoidance mode.
Inoue fight in the UK would be special

Thats the thing, the Saudi`s are the big fish now. They even had Eddie and Frank sitting next to each other, that Turki chap said your sitting there, do as your told lol

Back
Top Bottom