*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Associate
Joshua looks a shadow of the fighter he was 4 years ago

I don't think is true because he looked quality against Pulev. He's just upped his level of competition and got his limitations exposed. AJ has always had suspect defense and stamina. I had him behind against Wlad for instance who was outworking him. Usyk made him work at a pace beyond what he could handle and he had no clue how to deal with the southpaw angles, throwing the wrong punches from the wrong positions.

Associate
Wilder won’t be competing at that level again Imo these last 2 fights must have taken years off his career at the top. Having more guts than brains might win you points in the Fans hard man stakes but they won’t be helping you out when you’ve got Parkinson’s or CTE in 15 years.

...noticed blood running again from Wilders left ear at the end of the fight. Another broken ear drum or maybe something worse?

Associate
I think Frank Warren suggested that was the best heavyweight fight ever. I guess he would tbf but imo nowhere near it. Any boxer of the quality these two imo would beat Fury.

I mean they'd both look really small next to Fury. He usually has better footwork, feints and defense than both. But was lacking it last night

Soldato
I was going to watch it live but fell asleep and watched the highlights on YouTube. Great fight.

I think Frank Warren suggested that was the best heavyweight fight ever. I guess he would tbf but imo nowhere near it. Any boxer of the quality these two imo would beat Fury.

I agree. Also, I'd love to have seen prime Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis v Fury. Either, particularly Mike Tyson, would have destroyed Fury. Mike Tyson at his angriest would have had Fury on the canvas in the first or second round.

Associate
Highlight of the fight for me (with Wilder still dangerous) was Sugar Hill at start of 8th JUST JAB THAT MOTHER ******* GOD DAMMIT!....LETS GO!" with Tyson registering full instruction Epic! Excellent Corner work.

Soldato
I was going to watch it live but fell asleep and watched the highlights on YouTube. Great fight.

I agree. Also, I'd love to have seen prime Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis v Fury. Either, particularly Mike Tyson, would have destroyed Fury. Mike Tyson at his angriest would have had Fury on the canvas in the first or second round.
Agreed, Fury imo gets away with it because he is physically big & has a long reach , any time he gets hit properly he struggles. He's champion in an era that has nothing truly great, imo.

Soldato
I mean they'd both look really small next to Fury. He usually has better footwork, feints and defense than both. But was lacking it last night
Both Holyfield & Foreman (who I think was 42 there) showed great skills & shuddering power , skills (imo)that Fury has never shown, he's ok & a bit awkward/difficult & fair play to him he's tough , but for me he's no great.

Caporegime
I'm sure Tyson's biggest opponents were both 6' 5" and it took him 7-10 rounds to beat them. Fury's 6' 9" is massive compared to those two and he has a very good jab when he needs to use it. The smart money would've been on a Tyson KO but it's certainly not the forgone conclusion most seem to think it is purely on the ridiculous height, weight and reach advantage Fury would've had.

Soldato
The morning after, what an exciting enjoyable edge of your seat fight where both fighters left a bit of themselves in there. It's definitely one of the best heavyweight fights in recent years purely because they both kept going, Wilder looked like his soul had left his body half way through but somehow he was still there. Fury always looked switched on although I'd say he was at about 60-70% last night, but him at 60-70% vs Wilder at his very best gave us a great spectacle.

I'll be surprised if Wilder fights again, he took so many shots to the head last night he risks serious long term damage, I'm not sure he'll ever be quite the same again. Fury meanwhile is cut from a different cloth, physique of the marshmallow man yet fighting is in his dna and if you take his size and ring IQ into account, he's not on the same level as these guys.

I'd love to see Fury vs Joshua purely because Joshua is very different to Wilder in that he's a far better all round boxer but again, Fury is the strong favourite and Joshua seems to have lost some of that spite he had early in his career. He's still carrying the mental scars of that Ruiz loss. Fury vs Usyk would be great because Usyk is the only one I see outboxing Fury but is he big enough to deal with this 6'9 beast, probably not.

Back
Top Bottom