*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Yes but looks like it's not going to happen.
Ah, boxing. The sport that I hate that I love so much. I know I should view it as a business first, entertainment second and sport last but my lord if I feel like the whole industry hates us as fans!

Though, we are getting Beterbiev vs Bivol and we had Spence vs Crawford last year. 1 fight a year where the best really fight the best. Aren't we spoilt!

Soldato
I’m the opposite haha. Don’t see it as a difficult fight really. I don’t think AJ will knock Francis out but I expect referee to stop it between 8-10

I am looking forward to it though. More so after that trailer

Soldato
I’m the opposite haha. Don’t see it as a difficult fight really. I don’t think AJ will knock Francis out but I expect referee to stop it between 8-10

I am looking forward to it though. More so after that trailer

I can see AJ landing on Ngannou and him taking it whereas I think if AJ even gets remotely clipped, he'll be badly wobbled. I did think Ngannou had a punchers chance against Fury but the way he actually shaped up was really impressive. I really think Ngannou shocks us all next, the guys an absolute unit.

Soldato
I can see AJ landing on Ngannou and him taking it whereas I think if AJ even gets remotely clipped, he'll be badly wobbled. I did think Ngannou had a punchers chance against Fury but the way he actually shaped up was really impressive. I really think Ngannou shocks us all next, the guys an absolute unit.

Heavyweight boxing so anything can happen. I just expect AJ to jab his head off and beat Francis in a ‘death by 100 cuts’ sort of manner.

Francis was there to be hit by Fury’s jab and AJ hits a lot harder than Fury. He doesn’t have the element of surprise now either so I fully expect Ben D and Lee W to come up with a strong game plan.

While AJ probably hasn’t been in there with someone as physically as strong as Francis before, the opposite is likely true with regards to pure stand up boxing

Not long to go!

Soldato
Odd, Munguia is Mexican and I thought Canelo didn't want to fight his countrymen? Unless he doesn't want to fight any Mexicans called Benavidez.

At some point we need to call it for what it is. If it walks and talks like a duck it probably is a...

He wants no part of Benavidez Jr and he wants no part of Bivol either. The Bivol one is amusing to me, when you think about it. He thought he was going to walk into Bivol's house at 175 for another easy belt. Bivol said "nah", beat him up and then offered to follow him back down to Canelo's house at 168 but Canelo has turned off the lights and drawn the curtains.

It's like Marlo says; You want it to be one way, but it's the other.

Last edited:
Associate
Odd, Munguia is Mexican and I thought Canelo didn't want to fight his countrymen? Unless he doesn't want to fight any Mexicans called Benavidez.

At some point we need to call it for what it is. If it walks and talks like a duck it probably is a...

He wants no part of Benavidez Jr and he wants no part of Bivol either. The Bivol one is amusing to me, when you think about it. He thought he was going to walk into Bivol's house at 175 for another easy belt. Bivol said "nah", beat him up and then offered to follow him back down to Canelo's house at 168 but Canelo has turned off the lights and drawn the curtains.

It's like Marlo says; You want it to be one way, but it's the other.
Give canelo some credit though for moving up the weights and challenging the best. Don't forget he also stopped Kovalev.

He was always onto a loser fight Bivol. Nobody has any business moving up in weights to fight either him or Beterbiev

Soldato
Give canelo some credit though for moving up the weights and challenging the best. Don't forget he also stopped Kovalev.

He was always onto a loser fight Bivol. Nobody has any business moving up in weights to fight either him or Beterbiev

Oh Canelo is a certified Hall of Famer and his record has some brilliant names on it. His run at Super-Middle and how he cleared that division out was remarkable but I stand firm that he lost that first GGG fight.

Lets be fair, when he moved up to 175 he didn't pick the best. Kovalev was shell of his former self. Anthony Yarde came close to stopping him in the previous fight and as much as I like AY the person, that isn't a good look for The Krusher. Had he fought Kovalev when he was in, or not far removed, from his prime I believe Segey would've won. He was a cherry pick and rightly so because he would've had no right being in there with Beterbeiv or Bivol as he later found out. I think he got a bit carried away with himself and in a sport like boxing that's fine but he really thought he could go up to cruiserweight but again by challenging the weakest champion at the time who was Makabu

I say all that to say it's minor blemishes on his record in the grand scheme of things. He's not the first and he wont be the last fighter to have a well managed career. I also forget that the guy is 33 or 34? Most fighters would kill for the career he has had and if he wanted to and has the desire he could go on even longer. Other than GGG1 he's not had many wars. Lots of millage on the clock but he is a proper athlete.

Associate
but I stand firm that he lost that first GGG fight.

It was a close fight, Alvarez work was much more accurate and on the button for me. GG threw more and backed Alvarez up but missed allot of his punches. I think I had it 7-5 Alvarez or 6-6 but it's been a while since I scored it. I realise people see things differently though. I'm quite big on who's landing those most accurate shots

For me Alvarez is let down by his failed drug test and a body that looks extremely roided up.

I'm hoping for Crawford-Alvarez next

Last edited:
Associate
It was a close fight, Alvarez work was much more accurate and on the button for me. GG threw more and backed Alvarez up but missed allot of his punches. I think I had it 7-5 Alvarez or 6-6 but it's been a while since I scored it. I realise people see things differently though. I'm quite big on who's landing those most accurate shots

For me Alvarez is let down by his failed drug test and a body that looks extremely roided up.

Dont want to see this is to big jump for Crawford.

Last edited:
Associate
Dont want to see this is to big jump for Crawford.

Alvarez would have weight/size advantage but Crawford is big at 147 and wouldn't have to cut weight for the fight. He'd have big advantages in speed and skill. Crawford is also that type of accurate puncher that he might be able to stop bigger guys like Pacquaio used to. Crawford has a reach advantage too

Soldato
Yes first fight is GGG but we need to give Canelo a credit he has a good chin.

Oh absolutely. The way he turns with a shot to take the sting out of them is an amazing skill in its own right. I thought GGG was going to bulldoze him so credit where credit is due, he wasn’t intimated by Golovkin, at all.

It’s been a while since I saw it but I think I had it the opposite from you. It felt like a classic pressure technique from GGG walking Canelo down and cutting the ring off. I was just furious about it being a draw because everyone knows that in Vegas, Canelo is up 4 rounds before the first bell. Plus I stayed up late for it and just felt I was robbed of my own time :p

Yeah I can understand that. But to be fair to Canelo he did take a hair follicle test to somewhat prove his innocence and it’s known that beef in Mexico routinely has clenbuturol(sp?) so there is a case for innocence. Though the advert Abel Sanchez did for the rematch did have me laughing. But it wasn’t to be for GGG as Canelo soundly had him beat in the rematches.

I’ve had to point it out on here before that I’m not actually an AJ fanboy but a Bud Crawford one first. Ever since the Ricky Burns fight I was a big fan, pretty much overnight lol.

It’s like Canelo said, there’s nothing for him to gain from it. If he beats Crawford, he’s just beaten a ‘smaller’ guy. Though I would absolutely love to see it because I want to see how far TBC can go. Though it seems me may be fighting the winner of Tszyu vs Thurman next. so Tszyu and that should be a cracking fight!

Should be a few good weeks coming up!

Permabanned
Maybe instead of being lured to fight in Ukraine, Fury can lure some Cuban heavyweights for some good technical + slick spars, greater chance to avoid cuts. And one mustn't forget the wild-boar meat.

No, if the fight happens, I think Fury via negative points win or T/KO, tho I'll be rooting for Usyk. He has already established greatness at cruiser - I especially like that he beat so many champs/former champs in their home countries, proper tour of conquest.

Associate
It’s been a while since I saw it but I think I had it the opposite from you. It felt like a classic pressure technique from GGG walking Canelo down and cutting the ring off. I was just furious about it being a draw because everyone knows that in Vegas, Canelo is up 4 rounds before the first bell. Plus I stayed up late for it and just felt I was robbed of my own time :p

GGG certainly backed Alvarez up but I thought Canelo was doing a good Mayweather impression with his defense and counters.

Back
Top Bottom