*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
When Inoue went down I thought we were going to have a different type of fight on our hands... Then Inoue does what Inoue does best. He truly is The Monster. His brother looked decent as well mind you.

I think if I were ever to write a book of 'how to box well' it would be the easiest book ever. Page 1: Watch Bivol, Crawford and Inoue. The End.

Soldato
When Inoue went down I thought we were going to have a different type of fight on our hands... Then Inoue does what Inoue does best. He truly is The Monster. His brother looked decent as well mind you.

I think if I were ever to write a book of 'how to box well' it would be the easiest book ever. Page 1: Watch Bivol, Crawford and Inoue. The End.
He is a real one unlike Debbie Haney for instance lol

Soldato
Is that a fair criticism to make at the moment? Granted Haney kept getting caught with the hook from Garcia, Garcia was 3lbs overweight and potentially on PEDS.
Yes it is, His whole boxing persona is manufactured to the point of his hubris has culminated in the Garcia fight.

You think Haney is clean as a whistle? let's not be naïve, 3lbs on the weigh in does not mean much when you have time to hydrate back up for the fight so that argument is pretty weak imo

The guy has no fans his boxing talent is average at best and his rise to fame is not organic like Inoue's

Soldato
Yes it is, His whole boxing persona is manufactured to the point of his hubris has culminated in the Garcia fight.

You think Haney is clean as a whistle? let's not be naïve, 3lbs on the weigh in does not mean much when you have time to hydrate back up for the fight so that argument is pretty weak imo

The guy has no fans his boxing talent is average at best and his rise to fame is not organic like Inoue's

3 Lbs in boxing is massive because its 3 lbs of pure high quality muscle. Hydrating just puts water back which both will do but it still remains that one has 3 lbs more high quality muscle on them

Last edited:
Soldato
3 Lbs in boxing is massive because its 3 lbs of pure high quality muscle. Hydrating just puts water back which both will do but it still remains that one has 3 lbs more high quality muscle on them
You don't know that's 'high quality' muscle at all, Just nonsense talk.
It's also a bit rich when the guy weight bullied Loma and Prograis.

Last edited:
Soldato
There was a Tony Bellew interview I was listening to not so long ago where he was talking about the impacts of making weight. Said if you're already heavy at the weight getting those last few lbs off can make it feel like you're killing yourself just so you meet it at the scales. It's not quite the same as dehydrating yourself and then hydrating after and said they may as well be two different weight systems.

Devin does rehydrate a crazy amount but he is at least making the correct weight on the scales at weigh in. What fighters do after that point is fair game.

I'd be in favour of same day weigh ins and like the WBC do a few weigh ins leading up to fight week to make sure that the fighters are losing weight safely but also to stop people ballooning up on fight night.

Anyway, I know you don't like Devin at all so any excuse to jump on him will be taken lol. Nothing wrong with that, I'm the same with Fury. Like a fish to a lure and I can't help myself. :p

Soldato
There was a Tony Bellew interview I was listening to not so long ago where he was talking about the impacts of making weight. Said if you're already heavy at the weight getting those last few lbs off can make it feel like you're killing yourself just so you meet it at the scales. It's not quite the same as dehydrating yourself and then hydrating after and said they may as well be two different weight systems.

Devin does rehydrate a crazy amount but he is at least making the correct weight on the scales at weigh in. What fighters do after that point is fair game.

I'd be in favour of same day weigh ins and like the WBC do a few weigh ins leading up to fight week to make sure that the fighters are losing weight safely but also to stop people ballooning up on fight night.

Anyway, I know you don't like Devin at all so any excuse to jump on him will be taken lol. Nothing wrong with that, I'm the same with Fury. Like a fish to a lure and I can't help myself. :p
The fact he took the fight that says it all!
It's not Devin per say it's these fighters are forced upon us that grates on me and yeah Fury is a nob but at least he has talent :p

Back
Top Bottom