**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
Associate
What about the quality of Elephone , I think they can't offer a build quality like Sony. From My personal experience here is the list of quality phone builders
1) Apple
2)Sony
3) Samsung
4)LG, Xiaomi,Motorola
5) other OEMS
this is from my personal experience.

Soldato
I just bought a moto g4, looks and feels like a great phone. But after playing with it a bit; although the apps and windows seem very crisp, after playing a few games I found that it was hardly and better than my cheap thl t6c. The t6c was a third of the price of the moto g4. You have to hand it to the chinese, their phones they are very good and cheap.
Fortunately the moto g4 proved to be faulty, the screen started to move all by itself, thought it was just a one off thing so I reset it but it stared to happen again. Took it back for a refund! I think I just dodged a bullet there.

Saying that I still want a better phone than my THL T6C. What are the latest chinese phones worth getting? I want to be able to play decent games and have at least a 5" screen. I'm sure all chinese phones are not great and hoping someone here will know which to get. I'd like to keep the price at £150 or below.

Soldato
I just bought a moto g4, looks and feels like a great phone. But after playing with it a bit; although the apps and windows seem very crisp, after playing a few games I found that it was hardly and better than my cheap thl t6c. The t6c was a third of the price of the moto g4. You have to hand it to the chinese, their phones they are very good and cheap.
Fortunately the moto g4 proved to be faulty, the screen started to move all by itself, thought it was just a one off thing so I reset it but it stared to happen again. Took it back for a refund! I think I just dodged a bullet there.

Saying that I still want a better phone than my THL T6C. What are the latest chinese phones worth getting? I want to be able to play decent games and have at least a 5" screen. I'm sure all chinese phones are not great and hoping someone here will know which to get. I'd like to keep the price at £150 or below.

Redmi Note 4 is about £120

Mi5 is £190 ish

Both are highly rated

Associate
If you get one give the rom from xiaomi.eu a try. Google installed, chinese crap removed and updates every week.

As a nexus user for many years i didn't think i would like miui but the xiaomi.eu rom works really well with good battery life. At the w/end i ran waze for 4 hours on the battery and took 30+ photos and still had 10% battery and the end of the day, my nexus 5 couldn't manage that.

That's what i was getting with the xiaomi rom.. i would say CM improves on that

Associate
[GSV]Lemming;30210161 said:
My mi max prime has an issue where fingerprint scanner is not working, errors when I try to add a fingerprint..

Comments on the net about it, thought I might try an upgrade as there appears to be a global rom for 8.0.3.

Anyone tried this at all?

Discovered this happens when the battery goes flat. The option to renew or fingerprint simply won't work until you have FULL battery again. Odd but tested by recreating circumstances.

Soldato
I quite fancy the Elephone P9000 (the one without wireless charging and finger print unlock). The new THL T7 also looks like a step up from my T6C.

Looking at the forums maybe Elephone are not the best company to buy something off...

EDIT : I just found a UK seller of the Cubot dinosaur. Looks like I'll be giving that phone a go. Anyone heard bad things?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom