**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
I used both a fingerprint and password on the phone and didn't realise you need to remove them before backing up to make it easier to get back in after a restore because it didn't mention that in the guides.

I downloaded the RR ROM of a slightly earlier date (and checked that it was correct before installing) and that installed OK.

I also needed the ARM64 GApps as the ARM version wouldn't install. By accident I chose the nano version which is a minimal install of Google stuff which turns out to be perfect.

I think I have a working, sort of, version of RR installed now. I've installed Nova Launcher and restore a backup of the settings from a month ago and now I'm just trying to work out how to fix things like the large font sizing in the settings. There's a lot of settings to tweak so it'll be in there somewhere.

Associate
Just a quick update on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (3gb ram version) that I bought for my wife, I paid £114 for it from gearbest and it's easily as good as my Nexus 5x. It's only missing NFC (which I don't use) and USB C, which is fine because the battery is 4100mAh and lasts ages. As an added bonus MIUI 9.0 came out the day my note 4 arrived. Anyone looking at a phone from abroad should read up on what band you need here in the UK as I nearly bought one that wouldn't have worked on o2. I'm seriously considering replacing my 5x, which has a cracked screen with something similar as I can get a new phone for not much more than a new screen for my 5x will cost me.

Dave

Associate
Could anyone tell me what the MI Unlock status means in the image below? I'm not big on bootloader unlocking, rooting and custom roms. Does that mean my bootloader is unlocked? Should I be concerned? I bought the Redmi 3S it is from at AliExpress and TopOne. I've never unlocked it...

y4mJe8ANqzbT1aOXe_aoNMUkPIsu7AeOgFQMXFfGalOnwkP_WviEvz1RNoOfRZFXGVbv-AIW9QKmCpqDNeXqViPHV3IWHlNoS26oNsHBCjoSV1y1xkye2y1VfkID6si-zispYVdBmN_Zb3hB9bWmyv0n45OLAQBzG8kGVdp4a0Dl-9YUnGhObudEG2VQPHrkN7oZVoLc7EbugtzZv2NLwsFHw

Thanks.

Associate
They have unlocked it to put their own rom on the phone possibly with spyware.
Check the rom version number against the official Xiaomi rom.

http://en.miui.com/download-303.html
Oh no, it's an official rom. It came with the global developer rom, after a few months I switched over to the global stable and about a month ago I switched back to the global developer version and get updates OTA, both times I switched I downloaded from the MIUI site and used the builtin updater app to switch. I just wondered what that MIUI Unlock status meant...

Thanks.

Caporegime
MiA1.... The Budget Sidegrade?

I cant in all honestly not really recommend this phone over my redmi note 3 pro.
I've been playing with it, setting it up all evening and its not noticeably faster, the screen is averagely the same.
The camera is averagely better. More ram, more storage. but meh the old phone never ran short.
AndroidOne OS android 7 basically is so featureless im already thinking about a custom one.
I paid around 180USD and git stung for tax in Sweden but it wasn't bad pushed it upto over 200USD... :/
I'll have to see how the battery is, ill use it all day tomorrow as usual.

Possibly the worst thing, and if anyone can help fix this without a new loader, is the Google search bar on the home page that is hard fixed to take the top of the screen. Its so hideous....

Associate
So I just bought a used Mi6 from eBay. Now I can't fully remember but if I want to unlock the bootloader, I would need the original mi account right? If I don't have it, does that mean I can't unlock it?

Associate
So I just bought a used Mi6 from eBay. Now I can't fully remember but if I want to unlock the bootloader, I would need the original mi account right? If I don't have it, does that mean I can't unlock it?

I'm not sure you do unless it's already been unlocked and then locked again in which case you're stuffed. You could try creating an account then request permission from Mi to unlock just to see what happens.

Associate
I'm not sure you do unless it's already been unlocked and then locked again in which case you're stuffed. You could try creating an account then request permission from Mi to unlock just to see what happens.

How would it be relocked again? Man I really hope its already unlocked.

Back
Top Bottom