**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
I am not sure mate, the one for the A1 is a beta at the moment, only things not working is double tap to wake and the notification light, fingers crossed it won't be too long. It is just nice to get rid of a load of google cack that I never use lol.

maj

maj

Soldato
Whilst there's probably bugs with the Mi 5 version of it, I've not noticed them. Thankfully double tap to wake and notification lights work as expected.

Soldato
I am just glad that someone takes time and effort to build these roms. The one I am using is ported from the redmi note 4 lol, he has done a good job of it.

maj

maj

Soldato
Not sure if this is a sim, phone, or rom issue but to make calls i have to turn VLE off. With it on i can receive but not make calls. Same for anyone else? EE is network if it matters. I'm wondering if my phone doesn't have a requirement for it or its to do with the band EE use .

Associate
Well if you are looking for a bezel-less smartphone then Umidigi S2 is the best you can get under $200.

Ulefone Mix is another bezel-less smartphone with premium build quality.

Vernee Mars Pro, the design and build quality of this smartphone is way more ahead than any other smartphone in this budget. I know there are much more but not all are worthy of buying.

Soldato
It's built by a company that doesn't known how to build phones or service it's customers. Their whole range is plagued with issues; screens lifting, lying about spec and getting caught, usb ports breaking, updates (which themselves are extremely rare) breaking more features than they fix, never updating the security patches, promising OS updates and never delivering them, ignoring customers with issues on their own forums, deleting threads full of people reporting issues to hide the fact, doing the same on Facebook, inventing fake competition winners on Facebook, ignoring real winners who never received their prizes....

It goes on and on. Vernee are releasing phones at a staggering rate but dropping support for them almost as soon as they are released. I'd sooner buy just about any other phone over a Vernee. Its not like mid range mediatek phones are hard to come by - that's pretty much all that comes out of China.

Back
Top Bottom