**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Oops! Dropped my redmi note 5 into a porta loo today so going to need something new when insurance is sorted. May spend a bit more this time, missus has a pocophone, what is the best go to for 200 or just over nowadays.

Associate
Just got a honor play, nice device. Question regarding the notch.

What am I missing? I understand from the hardware point of view why it is necessary, but does android (8.1) utilise it in anyway? Apps either black it out, or fill it with the apps native back ground colour. Haven't found anything that uses the space in anyway. So question is why not just disable it if the space isn't used?

Associate
I thought Pie had been designed not to use the middle of the screen/notification area for every implementation not just those with the notch. Google have mad a real mess of notifications in Pie, now as bad as MIUI notifications in my view

Associate
Notifications, clock etc should be in the space? Full screen apps should use the space too, you're then just missing the notch space?
Sorry, yes of course the system notifications, clock, wifi etc are up there.

The only app I can find on my device that uses the space with something other than a border/shading is google photos. Which when you zoom is displays part of the image either side of the notch.

So from what I can see the only real difference between using the 'notch' or not, is whether the status bar is black (off) or is the native background colour of the particular app you are using.

Soldato
Mi Mix 3 launch announced for the 16th, been waiting for this so pretty excited.

They're doing an early bird discount making it £450, limited quantities but hoping to be able to grab one for that. Not bad considering it's still around £400 to order one direct from China.

Underboss
hi

I do not know if this is because i have a note 4 (miui / android) but im sure a few months back my phone updated and i have now a thing called "game booster", every time i load a game this comes up in the corner of my screen and i keep pressing it by accident, and i want to get rid of it

i tried to remove the icon, but the icon has gone, but it is still installed
i check installed apps and Play store, nothing there
i cant seem to find it to uninstall it

any ideas?
Thanks

Soldato
hi

I do not know if this is because i have a note 4 (miui / android) but im sure a few months back my phone updated and i have now a thing called "game booster", every time i load a game this comes up in the corner of my screen and i keep pressing it by accident, and i want to get rid of it

i tried to remove the icon, but the icon has gone, but it is still installed
i check installed apps and Play store, nothing there
i cant seem to find it to uninstall it

any ideas?
Thanks

It's in the security app, game booster. From here either disable or chose hide/swipe to show in game.

Back
Top Bottom