**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
Hi all,
Have been considering either the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, or the Honor 8x.
Leaning towards the latter as it looks a slightly more capable phone, but one thing that was quite appealing was the price of the A2 Lite, as it can be imported for £130ish.
If anyone who has had either of these phones for a few months could comment on them, that would be much appreciated, thank you!

Soldato
I'm currently running an honor 8x and really enjoying it. I had a redmi note 5 that died a death in a chemical toilet sadly but all the little annoyances of that aren't on the honor which is nice. Screen is great, face unlock and fingerprint unlock work very well, good camera and just works with little fuss.

Associate
So, unfortunately it looks like the Redmi Note 7 pro will not have a global version... shame.

I've since been looking at the Mi 9 SE - looks like this has just released a global version. Looks very nice - anyone have experience with this phone (even non-global)?

Soldato
Going to sound like a silly question but has anyone managed to buy through the shop at mi.com/uk ?

It just will not let me enter an address, rejects the post code as not being valid format and the Town drop down does not work? Tried on different browsers and systems ...

Last edited:
Associate
Going to sound like a silly question but has anyone managed to buy through the shop at mi.com/uk ?

It just will not let me enter an address, rejects the post code as not being valid format and the Town drop down does not work? Tried on different browsers and systems ...

It was doing that to me when trying to use my phone and tablet, kept trying on the PC and it finally worked. It would only accept the post code without spaces as well

Just remembered I added the address using the link below and then selected when paying for it

https://www.mi.com/uk/index.html

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope doesn't work for me either ...

edit: doesn't work on my friends account either ... exact same issues.

edit2: And, according to Live chat, its a known issue which happens with some postcodes during sale events and has been escalated to the developers (with no update as yet). That's a bit of a hmmmmm. I think its more likely that their post code look up database is significantly out of date as my postcode was a new one issued in 2003 and I used to have this sort of issues over the first 18 months or so back then.

Last edited:
Associate
Morning all.

I received my Redmi Note 7 last week. It supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 4 (QQC4) but didn't come with a QQC4 charger. A quick Google suggests that there isn't many around.

Are you guys using a QQC4 charger? If not what QQC3 charger are you using?

Back
Top Bottom