**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
I got it from AliExpress from the mi store. I've email them. Hopefully have a reply tonight

I've orded a Poco F3. After checking the specs it's not much of a upgrade but I need a phone for work and it's pointless buying a temp phone.

Updated: so I bought my phone from AliExpress 12 months ago. Xiaomi UK are honouring the warranty and sent me out a return envelope. Going to send it off Monday. They said it should be 3-5 days.

Bought a poco f3 anyway. It is nice, but pretty much a side grade from the f2.

The F3 is a really good phone. I considered the F2 not enough of an upgrade from my F1

Soldato
The F3 is a really good phone. I considered the F2 not enough of an upgrade from my F1

I've had the F1 also. All great phones. I'm considering going back to the f2.

For anyone wondering about Xiaomi warranty if you buy from AliExpress, Xiaomi UK will still honor the 2 year warranty. My f2 is being fixes at a repair center at the moment.

Soldato
I have had my 8GB/128GB Realme 7Pro for a little while now and my wife would like a change to her LG G6, its the camera that is disappointing. We are thinking about buying a Redmi Note 10pro, with the thoughts tha tthe screen, camera and overall performance might be better than the Realme 8Pro.

I see that if I buy direct I can get the 6GB/128GB for around £229 and the 8GB/128GB for £299. I have been used to having the Realme 8GB phone for a while and I have always appreciated its responsiveness and not slowing down, even with the apps and webpages I leave open.
Is it worth while paying extra for the additional 2GB of the Note 10Pro over the 6GB or would that not make much of a noticeable difference. Apart from the memory I don't see anything else different in the two memory sizes they offer.

I am guessing that for the cost of the Note it offers decent vfm for all round, emphasis on camera, performance ..?

Thanks

Soldato
picked up a realme 7 5G for £165 inc. side by side with my £1150 iphone 11 pro max is an eye opener.

yes there are differences for sure but wow these chinese phones have come a long way in a short space of time.

Soldato
What made you buy the realme if you already have an iPhone, out of interest?

shifting usage patterns i.e. less phone more laptop/tablet and my family is facing a bill of almost 3k to replace old iphone 6 max/iphone 7 max phones and its not clear whether its worth it as their usage has shifted towards the ipads.

At the moment I will probably go for a bunch of Realme 5G's and then use the money to upgrade the Ipads and buy an iMac.

Soldato
Just got my Redmi Note 10 Pro. Most impressed with the overall performance and screen quality. In the couple of days I have had it no issues so far. The camera seems very impressive.
Did have some issues at first when using Chomp for texts, I didn't realise that permissions are set for each app and by default it had disabled sounds for that one. That meant no notification sounds.
Bought a case and then a glass protection screen for the cameras.
For the cost, £219, it seems exception vfm.
My Realme 7 Pro has gone to my wife.

Caporegime
How are people finding their default screen protector with the F3? I'm not super careful but nor am I careless, buy boy has my F3 been scratched up over the first few months.

Soldato
Makes me laugh, as if they don't spy on their own citizens. Pretty much all phones do it to some degree whether people like it or not.
agreed, they all do it, i bet most of the people including the ones in here don't read the privacy terms and conditions and just accept. Data is being recorded all the time, it's just how these companies are using the data... whether they're using it to further improve services and devices or for more malicious activities.

Personally never trust the ccp, just denying that TS ever happened in 1989 is a red flag for me and im Chinese! I feel for their brainwashed citizens, we get chinese students coming here to study who deny or even know it ever happened cos they're told (censorship and all).

Caporegime
How are people finding their default screen protector with the F3? I'm not super careful but nor am I careless, buy boy has my F3 been scratched up over the first few months.
Ended up getting Ibywind Screen Protector for POCO F3, £9 for a pack of two. Really easy to install and decent quality, highly recommend.

Soldato
Completed the switchover from an iPhone 11 Pro Max to the realme. I am keeping all my other apple devices and just ditching the iPhone.

as I use google and google drive quite a bit the switchover was pain free, google Authenticator even has a new migration option.

Back
Top Bottom