**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
You are right, £1049 is pretty steep.

Looks like the Realme GT 2 Pro is the next best thing. Launches in 2 days, March 8th, and will be the first Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 launching in Europe. Apparently the one week long 'early bird' price is going to be only £599 for the 12/256GB version. Will do a bit more research and see which one is the better option. The X5 Pro looks so good though, aesthetically as well.

I've just had a quick look at the GT 2 Pro and it seems like a great phone, especially if you can buy the 12gb for £599. I'm very tempted by it.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
You can now order the GT 2 Pro for £699, I was hoping it would be £599 or below.
You can't order it yet, just says notify me. Realme have posted on Twitter saying they are having issues and it's not available to order in the UK yet on their site or Amazon.

Yes £699 is the price showing but I don't think that includes the £100 early bird discount.

You can order it from Amazon Spain for £620 but only white and black... No green which is what I want.

EDIT/ Amazon.de has the green 12/256 for £630 incl shipping. Just need Amazon UK to list it! Don't want to have to mess around with adapter for the plug.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just watched MrWTB's video on it, it certainly looks quite impressive. I would worry a little about the software experience I guess?

Don't want to have to mess around with adapter for the plug.

Do you not have USB Type C chargers dotted about your home by now? I don't think I've taken a charger out of a phone box for a few years now :)

Soldato
Just watched MrWTB's video on it, it certainly looks quite impressive. I would worry a little about the software experience I guess?

Do you not have USB Type C chargers dotted about your home by now? I don't think I've taken a charger out of a phone box for a few years now :)

This uses proprietary fast charging.

Soldato
I got an Artic white Poco F3 8GB + 256GB off the rainforest yesterday for £249. Xiaomi wanted £349 for the same spec phone. It's the UK version with a UK charger and 2 year warranty.

Soldato
It didn't work for me on Thursday when I tried even with the £10 off code. It must have been bugged or something, that why I got it from the rainforest in the end.

Caporegime
Just got my Android 12 update for the F3 :).

Edit - two issues already. It's changed the colours of my Google calendar categories, blueberry is now purple despite still being called blueberry. And I seem to have lost the ability to screen capture, just says it couldn't save.

Why are updates so flaky these days?

Last edited:
Associate
Just got my Android 12 update for the F3 :).

Edit - two issues already. It's changed the colours of my Google calendar categories, blueberry is now purple despite still being called blueberry. And I seem to have lost the ability to screen capture, just says it couldn't save.

Why are updates so flaky these days?

I have regained 3 finger swipe for screenshot but still no send option just does nothing.

Back
Top Bottom