**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Thanks. How does something like that compare camera quality wise to a Samsung S7 and S9+?

My brother has an S7 so probably needs to replace his as security updates would have stopped a couple of years back.

I have an S9+ and still fine but will probably upgrade in the next year or two. I'd imagine the S9+ camera is still better than the offerings under £200? How much would I have to spend to get a decent camera upgrade?
The Note 10 Pro actually has a much bigger camera sensor than the one on the S9.

I reckon it'll fare better too overall. Amazon have hassle free returns so best to try it out for yourself.

Associate
Bagged a Note 10 Pro yesterday for £129 as a backup/work phone can't grumble with any shortcomings this phone may have for that price.

Associate
I got the Note 10 Pro also for £129. Does anybody run custom ROMS on these or not worth the hassle (PixelOS or Pixel Experience)? Everyone is saying better battery and more responsive but then saying stuff like network coverage bar at the top doesn't work and other small bugs like camera needing a separate app.

Caporegime
I got a note 10 pro for 129 too.
Default mio os or whatever its called seems fine, just google how to disable the adverts and recommendations

Associate
Anyone else been able to get nearby sharing to work on a Xiaomi device? I'm trying to find a super simple way to send photos to my Mother's Windows 10 laptop and I thought this nearby sharing thing would work but it literally can't find anything. Both it and bluetooth are turned on. Is there an easier method? I have that Windows "Link your Phone" app working on my laptop and pictures can be saved really fast.

Caporegime
can't you pair the phone to the laptop with bluetooth then just highlight the file/folder you want to send and hit send?

or just use a usb cable and drag/drop the files from the phone like its a memory stick

Soldato
Anyone else been able to get nearby sharing to work on a Xiaomi device? I'm trying to find a super simple way to send photos to my Mother's Windows 10 laptop and I thought this nearby sharing thing would work but it literally can't find anything. Both it and bluetooth are turned on. Is there an easier method? I have that Windows "Link your Phone" app working on my laptop and pictures can be saved really fast.
I assume you're backing photos up somewhere, can you just log in to Google Photo's or Dropbox and download the necessary photos to the laptop?

maj

maj

Soldato
The default File Manager app has a built in FTP you can try. Host the FTP on your phone then connect via the Windows 10 laptop then drag and drop the files.

I also got the Note 10 Pro and for £129 it seems a bit of a bargain so far. MIUI still bloated as standard but easily enough to debloat it.

Soldato
Anyone here with a Poco F3 for similar that has installed a custom ROM for a more stock Android experience? If so, which ROM did you go for and does internet banking and whatnot still work?

Associate
Just after some thoughts, would you replace a Poco F2 Pro 256gb/8gb with a OnePlus Nord 2T?
To me performance wise I don't think it would really offer any upgrade.
I can get a good deal on a Nord 2t that's the reason for my question just in case I'm being stupid not taking it.

Soldato
Anyone here with a Poco F3 for similar that has installed a custom ROM for a more stock Android experience? If so, which ROM did you go for and does internet banking and whatnot still work?

I think I'm going to go down this route. Sort of getting bored of the phone now so it's just for something new really.

Let me know how you get on.

Soldato
I think I'm going to go down this route. Sort of getting bored of the phone now so it's just for something new really.

Let me know how you get on.
I actually still have a OnePlus 6 that i'm looking to replace, I was asking about the F3 and custom ROMs as part of my "research" in to buying a new device. I'm just assuming that the OS on the F3 is bad enough that I might want to flash something custom.

Soldato
I actually still have a OnePlus 6 that i'm looking to replace, I was asking about the F3 and custom ROMs as part of my "research" in to buying a new device. I'm just assuming that the OS on the F3 is bad enough that I might want to flash something custom.
To be honest. Its not bad if you just remove everything. I don't have any problems with it. Just had it a while so a little bored. I've also had the F1 and 2

Caporegime
I also got the Note 10 Pro and for £129 it seems a bit of a bargain so far. MIUI still bloated as standard but easily enough to debloat it.
@Ixon @GregI @maj there's an actual debloater programme where you connect your phone to the pc and it lets you remove all the mui uninstallable gunk :D

there's a guide on youtube

now mines nice and clean after getting rid of about 50 things, all the miu services that give adds on your phone etc gone:D

I saw on some websites it said removing some things will break your phone but I didn't see them on my phone as an option to remove anyway, probably because we are on miui 13 and not 12

apparently you should leave the file manager unless you have a different one on your phone first, removing weather some people said it put their phone in a bootloop, it doesn't seem spyware anyway so I left it.

but if you get rid of everything apart from the stuff I left on you should be fine.
gr84m9d.jpeg

I since removed the amazon thing after googling what it was.

phone seems way more snappier since but could be in my head or just that all the chinese spyware is gone

Last edited:
Reactions: maj
Caporegime
My battery life when the phone is idle with the screen off is way better btw like 100% night an day difference after clearing the bloat
my battery only dropped from 100 > 97% over night whilst I slept for 10 hours getting the much needed beauty sleep

maj

maj

Soldato
@arknor yup It's a handy tool and just done mine. FYI I removed the weather app and phone has been fine *touch wood*

How are fellow Note 10 Pro users getting on without an LED notification light? I know this model comes with a notification animation that lights up your screen but it only does it the once. I did find the notification light on my Note 8 Pro handy at times.

Soldato
Sold my X Fold and pulled the plug on a 12s Ultra, will let you know how I get on.

Arrived today, sealed along with the official leather case ( faux leather, but it protrudes around the camera ring which is good I guess. Have a bit of a dislike for the 1" graphic on the case though:rolleyes: ). Setup during my lunch break but will see how I like it later, so far so good.

dZP0dNLl.jpg
5id1WP0l.jpg
VSoYpDNl.jpg

Soldato
Well, the buyer of the X Fold has decided he didn't like the battery life and put a return request in. So I'm sat here with the two of them and funnily enough it worked out as I prefer the X Fold overall, It's just more practical for me and has a brilliant set of cameras to boot.

jzanVqym.jpg

As for the 12s...

Took a few shots but found the results with the main sensor a bit hit and miss, a lot out of focus. Even at 1500 nits max, I found it difficult to see the subject outdoors in bright daylight. The fast auto focus, whilst impressive was a tad annoying as it kept switching between the lenses. All sounds a bit negative but just a few quibbles, It's a lovely big sensor and people are going to get some stunning photos from it. I'm just consoling myself because my conscience keeps telling me I can't keep both and it's likely the 12s will be moving on. :rolleyes:

Kscn7JHm.jpg
EChlRu1m.jpg

Back
Top Bottom