**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
I think I'm going to go down this route. Sort of getting bored of the phone now so it's just for something new really.

Let me know how you get on.

So i did end up buying the Poco F3 and really didn't like MIUI so i've rooted the phone and installed crDroid. So far i'm pretty happy with it, no ugly UI, no bloatware, no spyware.

If you decide install a custom ROM feel free to DM me before you do, the instructions and tutorials really aren't very good and it's important to do things correctly to avoid bricking your phone.

Soldato
So i did end up buying the Poco F3 and really didn't like MIUI so i've rooted the phone and installed crDroid. So far i'm pretty happy with it, no ugly UI, no bloatware, no spyware.

If you decide install a custom ROM feel free to DM me before you do, the instructions and tutorials really aren't very good and it's important to do things correctly to avoid bricking your phone.

Yeah I'll probably bing you a message. I've not rooted a device since my Samsung S2 or it might of been S3

I think on the XDA forum, people aren't very helpful. It's like if you don't know, your thick,

Soldato
Grabbed a Xiaomi Redmi 10 note pro today from Xiaomi. £119 delivered. Never used a Xiaomi before. Fancied giving it a go. Spec considering price seems insane!

Yep it’s a year old handset but hey ho

128GB + 6GB, 6.67" 120Hz AMOLED, SD732G, 108MP Camera, 5020mAh, SD Card, stereo speakers, side finger print scanner, 3.5mm Jack, IR Blaster, 33w fast charging.

Associate
Grabbed a Xiaomi Redmi 10 note pro today from Xiaomi. £119 delivered. Never used a Xiaomi before. Fancied giving it a go. Spec considering price seems insane!

128GB + 6GB, 6.67" 120Hz AMOLED, SD732G, 108MP Camera, 5020mAh, SD Card, stereo speakers, side finger print scanner, 3.5mm Jack, IR Blaster, 33w fast charging.

Decent price that. Got to wonder what they make them for if they can still sell them for a profit at that price.

If nothing else, it shows how high the profit margins are on flagships!

Associate

Saw your post and thought I`d have some of that.

Back up to £269 now :(

Soldato

The 120hz OLED makes it special at this price. The go to cheap phone.

Associate
The 120hz OLED makes it special at this price. The go to cheap phone.

It does look great for the money, currently in the market for a temp phone until my current phone is fixed or replaced.

I do have one question though, will the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro work with Android Auto in the car? This is a show stopper for me.

Edit: Managed to pick one up today for £109. Thought it was worth a gamble at that price and if it's not great then my son will get an upgrade

Last edited:
Soldato
On a Mate 20X and have the upgrade itch but have a hard time finding something that beats it for the price, any suggestions bearing in mind i dont want to pay a grand for a phone?

If you're happy with the phone I wouldn't bother.

Only real thing missing on your phone is a 120hz refresh rate. If you must, I'd maybe hold off a bit and see what deals land on the Google 6 Pro with the release of the 7

Soldato
It does look great for the money, currently in the market for a temp phone until my current phone is fixed or replaced.

I do have one question though, will the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro work with Android Auto in the car? This is a show stopper for me.

Edit: Managed to pick one up today for £109. Thought it was worth a gamble at that price and if it's not great then my son will get an upgrade
You've probably found out by now, but I've been using mine with Android auto and not had any problems.

Associate
You've probably found out by now, but I've been using mine with Android auto and not had any problems.
Thank you thats good to know. It arrived yesterday afternoon so haven't had the chance to try it in the car yet.

Initial impressions are very positive still quite amazed that for 109 quid you can get a phone of this spec and it also includes a fast charge plug and a case. Plug alone gotta be worth a tenner :cry:

Last edited:
If you're happy with the phone I wouldn't bother.

Only real thing missing on your phone is a 120hz refresh rate. If you must, I'd maybe hold off a bit and see what deals land on the Google 6 Pro with the release of the 7
Its still a great phone but being stuck on Android 10 makes me worry apps will stop working properly. I like the idea of the Pixel 7 as long as they fix the modem made of cheese in the P6.

Back
Top Bottom