**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
OP
Nice to see the K3 Note getting some community support. Just checked XDA and found lots of third party roms (trying limoncello 5.1 Mod now) and various fixes including GLOSNASS satellite detection which doubles the number of GPS fixes.

Soldato
OP
Still very happy with my K3 Note, with the single caveat that I wanted to play with Google cardboard but it doesn't have a proper gyroscope and apparently works poorly. Tempted to sell it for something similar but worth a gyro. What's hot in Chinese phones at the mo?

Soldato
OP
Swapped my K3 Note for a Huawei P8 last week. The P8 build quality is great and EMUI seems pretty good with my usual Nova launcher setup, but battery life is definitely worse and I think the K3 actually felt more responsive. Happy with the P8 but shows what a great spec the K3 is for the money.

Soldato
OP
Just preordered the black Redmi Note 4 International for my brother. Expected dispatch 24th from Spain, hope it gets here before the end of the month which is when he needs it. Came to £185, not quite as good value as the gold version from China or the grey 4X for sale on eBay at the moment but he's a bit fussy about colour, wants band 20 and needs it soonish. Real shame the 4X doesn't have B20.

Soldato
OP
I'm also interested in the difference between the Note 4 and 4X.

Where did you buy it?

Honorbuy.

As I understand it, the Note 4X has a somewhat more energy efficient snapdragon 625 cpu rather than the mediatek cpu found in most versions of the Note 4. The exception to this is the Note 4 International Version, which has the snapdragon cpu and the advantage of Band 20, which neither of the others have. Other than that, barring some very minor differences to the cases I think they're essentially the same.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There is the Redmi Note 4 Global version on Aliexpress for £155-160 (states no custom tax delivery in description), is Honorbuy more reliable?

Yeah funnily enough after posting that I managed to destroy my P8 so I've just ordered that! My brother specifically wanted black and needs it by the end o the month, once you add the fast delivery it's no cheaper than from Honorbuy within the EU.

Soldato
OP
Er, pretty sure the new international versions of the Xiaomi Note 4 support volte (and band 20). No idea about other brands but I expect there'll be support trickling through for some new models.

Just checked and my note 4 has volte enabled under network settings and 4g works no problem in my 3 sim.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I ordered my two global Note 4s from Honorbuy EU warehouse and Dreami store on Aliexpress (Chinese). Both went smoothly with fairly accurate tracking and no duty.

Standard delivery from China took exactly 2 weeks from placing the order.

Soldato
OP
Glad to see my thread still going well!

Thought my Redmi Note 4 had had it - classic usb port being a pain, then I broke the pins trying to clean it.

Luckily found out the phone has a separate easily replaced USB charging board - £6 and 5 minutes with a tiny screwdriver and my phone lives, result!

Back
Top Bottom