**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
OP
Nice to see the K3 Note getting some community support. Just checked XDA and found lots of third party roms (trying limoncello 5.1 Mod now) and various fixes including GLOSNASS satellite detection which doubles the number of GPS fixes.

Soldato
At first glance MIUI looks great.

MIUI is my favourite version of Android.

Sadly I've decided to jump off the chinaphone wagon. Replacing my Xiaomi Mi2S with a Galaxy Alpha. If Xiaomi had done another sub 5" phone with near-flagship specs I'd have bought one. I was getting pretty tempted by the Redmi 2 2GB version but just couldn't bring myself to downgrade the GPU and battery so much (I have the 3000mah upgrade for the Mi2S).

I'll be keeping the Mi2S as a spare and will keep an eye out for ones going for spares or repairs to hopefully get my hands on a genuine screen. If it weren't due to complications following a broken screen replacement I wouldn't even be considering replacing it. Utterly brilliant little phone.

If Xiaomi has a downside it's using Micro-A/B rather than Micro-B like most phones. It's never going to be as snug as a micro-b connector for chargers etc.

Soldato
Stoosh, you got your phone yet mate?

No Dude. There was a mix up between DHL and the company which in their words was "a very rare occurrence." :mad:

I'm assured that it will arrive this week. If it doesn't I paid via PayPal and I'll get my money back and buy a Z3 again ;)

In the meantime I've been using the Honor 6 and the battery is on par with the Z3C!
Aside from the odd hiccup here and there it's almost up to par with most flagships.

How you getting on with the Z3? I knew you'd go back to it sooner rather than later :D

Soldato
Got an email that the Honor 7 has been dispatched.
Let's see if it l goes smoothly.
In the meantime I'm having fun using the Honor 6 at the moment and for the price it's a very decent phone.
It's on 60% after 1 day and 1 hours use...not bad at all.

Soldato
Wow that was quick. The Honor 7 was delivered to my local Doddle but having finished work late I have been unable to pick it up so I'll be looking to get to Doddle in the morning. I can't wait!

Soldato
Here you go Tauren :)

IMG_20150728_090914_zpsodwnknbv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20150728_173606_zps57sfdn3v.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20150728_172705_zps27vult6i.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20150728_172905_zps4e80vsii.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well where do I start? My expectations for this phone were high and I'm glad to say that the Honor 7 has lived up to them.

The phone is built very well and screams quality, the metal build reminds me of the HTC One M series and is finished extremely well. The screen is very bright and is up there with other LCD tech screens including my favourite device of the year the Z3. The speakers are at the bottom left of the phone, there are what seems to be two grills but unfortunately they're not stereo speakers and the other grill serves as a microphone. Having said that the speaker is loud and clear and bassy and it's not up there with the benchmark of speakers of HTC but it reminds me of the LG G4 in terms of loudness and clarity however the Honor 7 has a little bit of bass to the sound.

The fingerprint scanner is superb and is quick to transition from lock screen to getting access to the home screen. It's very reminiscent of Apple's Touch Id.

A bonus is that there's a screen protector factory installed so all I need to worry about is finding a case for this fine phone.

Obviously this is a Chinese phone but thankfully Google Play Store is there so you can download all your favourites and run the phone as you would like a European phone. There are odd bits of Chinese language peppered here and there I thought it would get on my nerves but the phone's performance soon made me forget about it.

The model I bought has 64GB internal storage paired with 3GB RAM and it has a micro SD slot so there's lots of memory to play with.

I've only had a brief play and this phone was actually going to be my backup phone until the the big players release their phones in Q3-4 but this phone has certainly surprised me and I will be using this as my daily driver until 2016.

The Honor 6 was good but the Honor 7 takes it to the next level and then some!

Superb phone - another hit from Huawei :D:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Was expecting it to be less than that if i'm being honest.

OnePlus Two is spec'd similarly and is £289. Invite only admittedly.

Moto X Style announced today only £359 too.

Soldato
Metal built phone with 64GB memory and fingerprint scanner - not available in Europe yet it's worth paying that for me.

Am not interested in OnePlus Two or Moto X style.....because of my previous experience with OPO I feel the phone is buggy and cut too many corners not to mention the yellow screen and touch screen issues. OnePlus Two has the dreaded SD810 chip which I wouldn't touch with a bargepoll.

As for the Moto X style - at 5.7" the phone is too big for me plus although you can customise the phone it's not totally made out of metal.

Back
Top Bottom