*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Hey,

I'm a Destiny super noob - literally just fired it up for the first time about 5 mins ago.

Is anyone in the same position that wants to play together? My understanding is that this is an MMOFPS, right - basically WoW with guns?

Excited :D

Su

[edit] Would you all recommend that I also buy TTK?

Almost certainly - as you'll be missing out on loads of content, did you not get it in all one package?

Soldato
Almost certainly - as you'll be missing out on loads of content, did you not get it in all one package?

Nah, I bought a Destiny+PS4 bundle last year, but never got around to playing it.

Can't I play the original game through normally, and buy TTK at the end? Presumably that's how you guys all played through?

Cheers,

Su

[edit] If I buy the TTK Legendary edition disk, does that basically make my current copy redundant?

Last edited:
Associate
Nah, I bought a Destiny+PS4 bundle last year, but never got around to playing it.

Can't I play the original game through normally, and buy TTK at the end? Presumably that's how you guys all played through?

Cheers,

Su

[edit] If I buy the TTK Legendary edition disk, does that basically make my current copy redundant?

The taken King made a lot of destiny redundant, if you get legendary edition you won't need your original destiny disc, the legendary edition also comes with a level 25 upgrade spark to upgrade a character, best just get the legendary edition and start with that.

Soldato
dink, could you expand on that a little more please? Which parts are redundant?

I'm level 13 now and doing the moon quest line. My TTK disc won't be here till next week, so should I stop playing?! I don't really want to use the level 25 boost thing, as I'm enjoying the leveling process and experimenting with all the new unlocks.

Also, I have a code for the Vanguard armoury, and I understand how to access it. For some reason I can get the Vanguard emblem, but not the guns (they simply don't appear at the Vanguard vendor). My game disc and Vanguard code were from the US (redeemed via a US account), but my main game account is UK. Could that be the problem? Or has that content simply been removed in TTK?

And related to that, is it possible to play with friends from different continents by inviting them into your fireteam?

Cheers,

Su

Associate
Yeah no probs, Sumanji.

No don't stop playing, none of the weapons and armor will be any use in the Taken King - so don't get attached to anything apart from any exotics you may pick up that have year two versions, and yes theres a level boost meaning any time spent trying to get your character to 25 will technically be wasted imo, but as you've already said your enjoying the process then theres no problem continuing.

You can also save your spark for another character if you ever want to create one in future.

I thought theres an issue with using codes from different regions with Destiny, I am pretty sure if your base game is in a certain region you have to buy codes from the same region.

You could try reloading your licenses in the PS4 -

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/license.html

Although confusing you got the emblem, they are green (uncommon) Vanguard themed weapons available at the Vanguard Quarter master in the tower hanger. They are pretty low light anyway so soon as you start playing TTK you'll not notice them missing, plus I believe from Jan 1st 16 you'll be able to pick them up as part of the main game anyway :D

Yes you can play with friends from all over the world by inviting them to your fire team.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just an update that all the expansion pack contents have started to unlock now I am getting to higher levels. Up to level 29 now. Thanks for the advice guys.

What is the deal with rare engrams dropping legendary gear? I am almost level 2 reputation with the engram guy and not one rare engram with chance of containing legendary gear has given me anything legendary and I have decoded tons from approximately 6hrs of grinding/expansion pack missions.

Do I need to be higher level or something?

Soldato
Cool thanks for that post, dink.

Good call on the spark, it will be useful for an alt later on! I did a search on Reddit earlier, and it seems they removed the Vanguard armoury when TTK launched; d'oh!

Do we have an OcUK guild or anything btw? If so, are you guys open to new people joining?

Cheers,

Su

Soldato
Right about to buy the taken king, but the level boost to 25 worries me, I don't want an instant level up to 25 and miss the part I enjoy, grinding in games. Is it optional or forced..?

PSN is DigitalXAK (I think)

Associate
Started playing Destiny again yesterday after a 6 month lay off due to work and was perturbed to find an uncommon sniper was more powerful than my Black Hammer !! and that basically all my very hard earned exotics are completely useless !!
I've put most of them in the vault but don't have enough room for them all, have most people broken then down ? I don't think I can bring myself to get rid of my Gally, Icebreaker, Mida Multi, Fang, Nechrochasm, Vex et al :(
Gutted
On a lighter note I'm quite enjoying the Taken King story line and have managed to get my lvl32 Warlock up to 40.

Soldato
Started playing Destiny again yesterday after a 6 month lay off due to work and was perturbed to find an uncommon sniper was more powerful than my Black Hammer !! and that basically all my very hard earned exotics are completely useless !!
I've put most of them in the vault but don't have enough room for them all, have most people broken then down ? I don't think I can bring myself to get rid of my Gally, Icebreaker, Mida Multi, Fang, Nechrochasm, Vex et al :(
Gutted ��
On a lighter note I'm quite enjoying the Taken King story line and have managed to get my lvl32 Warlock up to 40.

I've sharded most of my Year 1 weapons and armour bar the Raid gear and a few Exotics (Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker) as I used them on a low light character until hitting level 40. You can always buy them back with Legendary Marks if you want later on from the Weapons Blueprints Terminal.
There are Year 2 versions of Mida, The Last Word, Bad Juju, Suros Regime, Red Death, Hard Light, Truth, Dragons Breath, Invective, 4th Horseman, Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo too.

Just finished the Black Garden story arc - everything else seems locked down to DLC or TTK, so is that it for the vanilla version? Hopefully my TTK disc gets here soon...!

It is indeed it story wise for vanilla content. Only thing to do is level up doing Strikes and bits until TTK gets to you now.

Associate
I've sharded most of my Year 1 weapons and armour bar the Raid gear and a few Exotics (Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker) as I used them on a low light character until hitting level 40. You can always buy them back with Legendary Marks if you want later on from the Weapons Blueprints Terminal.
There are Year 2 versions of Mida, The Last Word, Bad Juju, Suros Regime, Red Death, Hard Light, Truth, Dragons Breath, Invective, 4th Horseman, Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo too.

It is indeed it story wise for vanilla content. Only thing to do is level up doing Strikes and bits until TTK gets to you now.

Ah ok thanks for that, yes still using icebreaker as it's handy for the ammo regen.
So, when does all the year 2 stuff become available ? All I'm seeing atm are blue and green items. After the TTK story is complete ?
I don't play ppv btw :)

Soldato
Ah ok thanks for that, yes still using icebreaker as it's handy for the ammo regen.
So, when does all the year 2 stuff become available ? All I'm seeing atm are blue and green items. After the TTK story is complete ?
I don't play ppv btw :)

When you hit Level 40, the Legendaries and Exotics are open for play. Legendaries drop a hell of a lot more frequently now too (I don't get any green drops any more, just blues and purples) so best thing you can do is get to 40.

With the Cryptarch, make sure you decode engrams one at a time. If the gear you get is higher light than what you have, equip it and then go for the next engram as it'll probably decode higher again. Rinse and repeat until you hit high enough light for Heroic Strikes and Court of Oryx ( I had a few 300 light Blues from there early on)
You'll have a few Quests along the way that'll reward Legendaries at various Light levels too (one of which is a 300 Light Shotgun or Fusion Rifle from the Vanguard)

Year 2 Exotics can be bought at 280 Light using Legendary Marks from the tower (down in the Hall of Guardians there is a terminal on the wall) and Marks can be earnt doing Heroic Strikes (45 per week) and completing Daily Heroics along with Crucible stuff. You can also shard any Legendaries you don't want for Marks too. If you consume motes of Light to fill out the stat tree of the Legendary item you want to shard, you'll get 5 Marks. If shard a non complete item you'll only get 3 Marks. Once you're high enough Light to do the Kings Fall Raid, that's the best way of getting 300 + Light items.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom